!! HELP !! TomTom Go Live 550 startup and shutdown when on c   

!! HELP !! TomTom Go Live 550 startup and shutdown when on c

Postby richardn1748 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi guys

I Have a tomtom go live 550 with a small issue but its doin me head in its running navcore 9.465
this is a minor issue where i turn off the ignition in my vehicle and the tomtom shutsdown but when i
turn the ignition on i have to press the power button on the tomtom to start it up is there a way
to make the tomtom self activate upon receiving power from the vehicle...

Thanks for any advice guys :)
richardn1748 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 pm

richardn1748 wrote:when i turn the ignition on i have to press the power button on the tomtom to start it up
is there a way to make the tomtom self activate upon receiving power from the vehicle...

No, TT discontinued that feature ages ago.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby richardn1748 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 pm

tendriver wrote:No, TT discontinued that feature ages ago.

Oh ok why would they do that anyway thanks for clearing that up gutted to lazy to lean over and switch it on manually haha thanks :)
richardn1748 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:12 pm

richardn1748 wrote:why would they do that anyway

Call TT Tech Support & ask them.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby richardn1748 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:44 pm

well im in talks via email with tem at the moment they have asked for the system info which i have sent
will let you all know if they find a solution but im not getting my hopes up as tomtom support sucks....
richardn1748 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:45 am

That is their standard procedure.
From my requests a few years back they told me the feature was disconiued because of problems on devices with a docking station.
Fact is TT is not able to provide suitable NC's for those devices as they prefer the all for one solution.
DarkMireille experimented with this feature as well, and even though he/she managed to create a good working NC for the limited Start it was never possible to reactivate the code for the ignition as it was removed by TT.
And honestly I don't understand the fuzz about it:
It should turn and off automatically - fair.
But we all know that times have changed and that a few things are more important for insurance and other purposes.
Leaving a GPS on the windscreen is now cosidered an offence in some countries as it attracts thiefs, insurance companies refuse to pay in such cases!
We all should conserve ressources like oil and even in the US people start to think about that now.
Turning the ignition off at the red light or railway crossings saves petrol and the enviroment.
Having said that I really wonder what might be so hard to manually turn the TT on? ;)
If all the people that comlained about it in the forums would have done that with the TT support they might have put it back in years ago ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom