help to remove gps lane guidance   

help to remove gps lane guidance

Postby shkdwn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 am

i had too reset my tomtom start 45 and i don't remember how i did remove the lane guidance using text editing because in the setting if i switch it on or off lane guidance it still show up.

i know there a way to remove it by opening a file in notepad or something but i just dont remember thx
shkdwn offline

Re: help to remove gps lane guidance

Postby fredderf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:46 pm

A Start 45 is one of the newer devices that use's MyDrive Connect so therefore it can't be accessed to make any edit's

Are you confusing it with something you did on your old XL?
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby shkdwn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:41 am

oups sorry it a start 55m model and i can see my file in it.
shkdwn offline

Postby shkdwn » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 am

found it

[Please Register or Login to download file]

It seems that there are at least two solutions available to those of us who are having this issue.

As per [Please Register or Login to download file] " title="http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-x00-x10-x20-x30-x40-x50-HOME/How-do-I-disable-Advanced-Lane-Guidance-in-a-Start-55M/td-p/384072, rename the lane image resource file, data_lil.chk or data_lim.chk in the device's top level folder.
Select TomTom Home's "Operate my [whatever model of TomTom you have]" option and a new file called "newsettings.dat" will appear in the device's top level folder. Then use your favourite hex editor to change the one and only occurrence of "08 8C 1C 1C 08" in that file to "08 8C 1C 1B 08". This does what the "Hide Lane Images" menu option would have done, had our TomTom models had it. This solution has worked for me with my "XL2 IQ Routes Edition" - which has the menu layout that Tim described in this thread a long time ago (posts 1 & 3). If you don't have a favourite hex editor, you're probably safer going for solution 1.
shkdwn offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom