Help!! product code   

Help!! product code

Postby grevans » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 am

I am a completely new user so I apologise if this question has been asked before, also I have no idea how to use the various 'patches' I have seen.

I have a tomtom XL IQ Routes (fully legal!!) I have downloaded a new map (Northern Europe) - at tomtoms invitation, because I have a map subscription but I cannot activate it because I do not know my product code - I have contacted tomtom support, but they seem to be completely useless.

How do I get a PRODUCT CODE how that I can activate my map?
Please help if you can - my device is useless at the moment and I need it.
grevans offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 am

If you got the map offer than Home should install the map automatically when the device is connected and you click on add new maps.
You free map will be listed and at the end activated.
All info needed for that is on your device, you have to log in to your account though.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Thank you

Postby grevans » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm

:doh:Thank you - this problem has now been solved!

However the reason for it may be of interest to other users - I found the TomTom Customber service email to be absolutely useless, but a phone call to Customer Services sorted it out.

The problem was that, due to software error at TomTom, my account contained errors and the effect of this was that it failed to offer the correct map - it was offering maps which were not valid for my device, and that is why I got the activation problem.

The very helpful guy on the phone line realised this as soon as I explained the problem; he then deleted and reinstalled my TomTom account and this has completely solved the problem - my new map simply works - no activation, no nothing.
grevans offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanx for the update. This is one of very few positive comments about TT support.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom