help..newbie   

help..newbie

Postby beakerdoo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:13 am

hi peeps
my tom tom freezes on start up on the splash screen and wont go any further. i've reset it a number of times but that hasn't done anything. i have attached some details so hopefully someone can sort me out. i would like also if someone could point to me the latest maps /updates for me if i can get my tom tom to work again.

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 520
DeviceVersionHW=GO 520
BootLoaderVersion=55120
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland
CurrentMapVersion=705.1480
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
thanks for any help.
beakerdoo offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:17 am

Have you tried a hard reset (hold reset for 30+sec.) followed by the TT clear flash tool?
Is the tt still showing up as a drive letter in the Windows Explorer? If so, delete all files in the root of your device [color="red"]except the file ttgo.bif[/color].
Start TT Home and update your GO, Home will install the same Navcore for you again and all should be working.
Once that is sorted you might want to think about updating your map to the latest 870 version.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:40 pm

beakerdoo wrote:hi peeps my tom tom freezes on start up on the splash screen and wont go any further. i've reset it a number of times but that hasn't done anything. i have attached some details so hopefully someone can sort me out. i would like also if someone could point to me the latest maps /updates for me if i can get my tom tom to work again.

Did you make any changes prior to this hang up isse?
If a "hard reset" & "ClearFlash" are no help, then I would remove your old map & install UK & ROI 870.3406.
If it still hangs, then try Downunder's suggestion & reinstall the navcore.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom