Help needed to update an old TT Start   

Help needed to update an old TT Start

Postby zouwed » Fri May 08, 2020 6:11 pm

I am stuck and really need help. On the edge on simply buying a new one

I do not know what I am doing wrong and since there may be other users out there with my problem,I will try to provide additional info.
In my case I have an old tomtom start model of my unlce which was able to read a map before I updated it through tomtom. Because the model is old it is not supported anymore it only be used again through patching it. Through some search online I found this site which gave me hope again.

1. I already know which version I have of navcore. This can be easily found in the ttgo file or with the fast activate tool. In my case the version is 9541---> 9.5xx
2. I downloaded a 1gb map of europe north and according through the Compatibility Chart it should be supported. However i am confused how to use meta codes.
3. I Am not sure if the map is supported lol and tried so many different maps that simply do not know what i am doing wrong. Patching the map does not work and every single map seems to get a .dtc error and reads as a incomplete map. :bs_quesexclaim:
4. meta text file won't update. as soon as I close fast active tool a older date appears again. :lol:

Can anyone help me lol. :022:
zouwed offline

Re: Help needed to update an old TT Start

Postby fredderf » Fri May 08, 2020 6:39 pm

I've created your own topic for this problem because we need to understand a bit more about your device before we can help you...

Run FastActivate.exe from the root of your device & select option 8 > a new page will open showing the relevant information > copy that info and paste it up here so we can see it
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby holyhead » Fri May 08, 2020 7:30 pm

First stop with trying to use a 1GB map the last 1GB map you can use is approx 4,5 year old (855)
And don,t forget to read carefully
http://www.navitotal.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=19485
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby zouwed » Sat May 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Sorry for the late response as I was yesterday occupied with alot of work.

I've downloaded a different map yesterday which seemed to work however it was the wrong one.:lol: Trying to find a map that covers the north and south of europe as I live in the Netherlands and travel often to spain.

As for the details you requested they are here below:

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom START
DeviceVersionHW=START
DeviceSerialNumber=XMxxxxxxxxxx
BootLoaderVersion=55238
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9541
ApplicationVersion=3145439.2
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0

Map(s):
D:\Central_Europe_South_1045_10000\

Storage:
Size 1884MB, Free 1193MB
zouwed offline

Postby fredderf » Sat May 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Ok, it looks like you have most things under control so just a couple of things to look at:

1. A map must have a meta code released in order that it can be activated. If you select option 1 on FastActivate, it will update to include all known meta codes and it will produce a couple of *.txt files too (meta.txt & integrated_meta.txt). They contain ALL known meta codes to date, so refer to those to check it can be activated before downloading a map.

2. Have a look at Poteo_Roke's excel document on the following link that shows each map & the country coverage. He's done a great job with it so it'll save you a lot of time downloading the wrong map.

topic20675.html

*No reply from OP so... :thread_solved:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom