Help on meta files   

Help on meta files

Postby Bwanap » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 am

I have a TT GO 910. I downloaded a map and copied over to my TT. I placed the fastactivate.exe in the root as directed, but it did not work (i.e. the map wasn't activated). The directions don't really explain step by step the screens that open and what you should see and I tried to look up about the meta file but can't seem to find on this site where you find that, etc. Am restoring my TT now, hope that works. Can someone please take me through how to activate or find and write the meta code?!
Bwanap offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am

Bwanap wrote:I have a TT GO 910. I downloaded a map and copied over to my TT. I placed the fastactivate.exe in the root as directed, but it did not work (i.e. the map wasn't activated). The directions don't really explain step by step the screens that open and what you should see and I tried to look up about the meta file but can't seem to find on this site where you find that, etc. Am restoring my TT now, hope that works. Can someone please take me through how to activate or find and write the meta code?!

Start Fastactivate. Once it is started, click the first button on the left titled "Update Meta.txt". Done!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Bwanap » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:39 pm

That's what I tried and it didn't work. Restarting my TT, it asked to select a map and the one I wanted wasn't an option. What I see is a DOS windows opens, then the navitotal window, then the menu box. Click on update and the white navi window says downloading update and then the menu comes back. But as I said, then the map is not available. I don't understand the additional instructions regarding meta codes (where to find? I have *.meta files but not meta.txt files).
Bwanap offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 am

The latest version is attached. Start Fastactivate. Once it is started, click the first button on the left titled "Update Meta.txt".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom