Help a lost newbie   

Help a lost newbie

Postby workinprogress » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:22 pm

I've got a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with an onboard "TomTom Mazda NB1". I can't seem to find any references to my particular device on this site. I was hoping to upgrade my map from the current 2012 (US/Canada V890.4240) to something more recent. The reading I've done suggests I find the application I need and go from there. It is difficult to get started without seeing a reference to my device. TT calls it a Mazda NB1, my onscreen info calls it the collection of letters and numbers below. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Device DR2522NOO537 (0) (98.8) note, the digits in the last bracket change each time I go into settings info(?)
APP 10.854.1663560.542 (0) (1814, 9/1/2014), OS 1550115

22 views on this so far and not a single response. I must be doing something wrong.

I've updated my map at "Home" and did the required restarts.
I've created a backup of my original map.
I've downloaded FastActivate.
I've downloaded Installer.

I just don't see my device listed anywhere. Can anyone provide direction on that. I don't want to start the whole process if it isn't going to work for my device. If I'm missing something obvious, please don't hesitate to point it out. Thanks.
workinprogress offline

Re: Help a lost newbie

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:02 am

Your device is running on Navcore 10 already, which sadly means there is no way to modify or install new maps for free.
Even if you could manage to activate a map you would be unable to patch the Navcore or install a patched Navcore.
Sadly there is no other option than to buy map updates.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Re: Help a lost newbie

Postby workinprogress » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 am

Thanks man. Obviously not the news I was hoping for but at least I know where I stand. Appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Take care.
workinprogress offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom