Help re: Issue with safety speedcams after latest 945xxx map updates   

Help re: Issue with safety speedcams after latest 945xxx map updates

Postby PHANTOMDW » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:49 am

Hi everyone

after purchasing the AU TomTom Australia Maps 945.6174 (Australia-100262.meta) I posted the blowfish meta here. Since the map was installed I can no longer use the AU safety cams. With TT Home & Navcore already patched, the new (paid) maps still work great but the safety cams just wont. I patch the cams with updated fastactivate with the combination with and without the Australia-100262.meta. If I patch with the map meta, my tomtom says I can not use the map on my device. So, no joy. I use old safety cam AU.dct file - still no good. Something about the new map seems to stop/block/prevent use, or not reading the cam .dct file maybe. I have tried every combination I can think of but no luck - even removing them completely and then putting them back on is no good. Is any one else having trouble with the AU cams after this latest map release? Can any one help out here please. Thank you in advance.

This little issue has me a little stumped. :think:

PHANTOMDW offline

Re: Help re: Issue with safety speedcams after latest 945xxx map updates

Postby tendriver » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:53 pm

PHANTOMDW wrote:1. Since the map was installed I can no longer use the AU safety cams.
2. With TT Home & Navcore already patched, the new (paid) maps still work great but the safety cams just wont.
3. I patch the cams with updated fastactivate with the combination with and without the Australia-100262.meta.
4. If I patch with the map meta, my tomtom says I can not use the map on my device. So, no joy.
5. I use old safety cam AU.dct file - still no good.
6. Something about the new map seems to stop/block/prevent use, or not reading the cam .dct file maybe. I have tried every combination I can think of but no luck - even removing them completely and then putting them back on is no good.

1. You just have a small patching problem.
2. Forget using TT Home to troubleshoot. If you are 100% sure that your navcore is patched & have not patched the new (paid) map, then
that is part of the problem.
3. The Australia-100262.meta isn't needed to patch the cams.
4. This is more evidence of a patching issue.
5. Same answer as point 4.
6. Remove ANY & ALL .dct files from your device or SD card, whichever you are using. Put FastActivate.exe in the root of your device or SD card, whichever you are using. Confirm that you have a ttgo.bif file in the root of your device or SD card, whichever you are using. If so, then run FA option 2 to re-patch the map and cams. Run option 3 to re-patch the navcore. Confirm you now have a map .dtc & a cam .dct in the AU map folder on your device or SD card, whichever you are using. If so, disconnect & re-boot.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby PHANTOMDW » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 am

Thank you so much Tendriver. Based on what you suggested, I decided on a workaround to load Latest Map and Navcore, + ttgo.bif + FA onto a separate SD card rather than initially wipe any files off my internal memory on my GO720 (more for my own analysis reasons). I successfully patched maps and navcore and cams on the SD card. I then dragged & dropped them onto my internal memory to overwrite whatever was the problem - remembering I had already done what you suggested on the internal memory afresh with no joy. So, Wullah, everything is now working. Thank you again. :023:
PHANTOMDW offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:46 pm

PHANTOMDW wrote:Thank you so much Tendriver.

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

:thread_solved:
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom