Help for Newcomer?   

Help for Newcomer?

Postby Doomsdownloader » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:20 am

Hi,
I just recently and exitedly joined the community and I am overwhelmed with the amount of information on this site, so i don't know where to start... :think:
Anyways, i have a TomTom GO 630 and i would like to get the latest map from this site,
I haven't done anything to my GPS or TomTom Home; They are all stock.
If anyone could please let me know where to start and tell me of a link to how to do it that would be amazing.
In short I'm looking to update my stock TomTom GO 630 to the latest map, and a link to where i can find the most recent maps, mainly for USA & CANADA...

Thank you :)
Doomsdownloader offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:53 am

Doomsdownloader wrote:Hi,
I just recently and exitedly joined the community and I am overwhelmed with the amount of information on this site, so i don't know where to start... :think:
Anyways, i have a TomTom GO 630 and i would like to get the latest map from this site,
I haven't done anything to my GPS or TomTom Home; They are all stock.
If anyone could please let me know where to start and tell me of a link to how to do it that would be amazing.
In short I'm looking to update my stock TomTom GO 630 to the latest map, and a link to where i can find the most recent maps, mainly for USA & CANADA...

Thank you :)

For a map, you might look in "All New Maps 880.XXXX'
For "How To" you might find something in "Tutorials".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Doomsdownloader » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:31 am

Thanks,
Also, Do I need to install a "navcore" firmware on my GPS to install maps? If not how could I know what firmware I've got?
Thnx
Doomsdownloader offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 am

You can simply connect the TT to your PC and download the latest offical Navcore your device (8.351) - Home calls it "Application".
Add the map of your choice according to the instructions and use FastActivate Premium to patch the Navcore and activate the map.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Doomsdownloader » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 am

a quick question,
do i have to use winrar V3.9X as said by popeye in his posts or can i use winrar v4.10 latest i believe to extract the map with fastactivate and installer? (would this kind of map download work in my case of a stock TT?)
thanks for your help
Doomsdownloader offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 am

Doomsdownloader wrote:a quick question,
1. do i have to use winrar V3.9X as said by popeye in his posts or can i use winrar v4.10 latest i believe to extract the map with fastactivate and installer?
2.(would this kind of map download work in my case of a stock TT?)
thanks for your help

1. Automatic Installer & Patcher Instructions:
Maps with “Automatic Installer & Patcher” are a Navitotal Exclusive Product.

Before you begin back up upur SD card. The only two files you need on your SD card are ttgo.bif and ttsystem
You just need to download and run the file on your computer.
1. With your TomTom device plugged in or your sd card in your sd reader and an active internet connection
2. Click on the .exe file [Choose TomTom path or sd path] and click on the [Install] button.
3. Wait until the install process finishes and your new map will be installed and patched.

2. Yes. And you must also patch your navcore.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Doomsdownloader » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:06 am

thanks, and sorry if i am asking a lot, but would the installer patch the navcore that i would get off of TomTom Home? or must i also look for a navcore from this plentiful site?
thanks again
Doomsdownloader offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Doomsdownloader wrote:thanks, and sorry if i am asking a lot,
1. but would the installer patch the navcore that i would get off of TomTom Home?
2. or must i also look for a navcore from this plentiful site?
thanks again

1. No, the included patcher will not patch a navcore, regardless of where the navcore comes from. You need FastActivate Premium, as Downunder stated in post 4.
2. You have several options. 1. Download a navcore from TT Home, only if you don't have the current edition for your unit. 2. Download a navcore from the "Latest Navcore" thread. Most of these navcores have pre-patched files available.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom