Head Totally Battered ~ Still Can't Suss It Out!   

Head Totally Battered ~ Still Can't Suss It Out!

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:31 am

Seems I'm a numpty.
The good folk here helped me install Igo8 onto a vintage Binatone X350, with a bit of pushing in the right direction I worked it out.

But my latest challenge, trying to update a TT One V4 is causing me a headache. Even after reading all the stickies, and idiot's guides, I still can't work out what I'm meant to do with it!

I've updated the device through TT Home, now I've got App 7.903, and map v675.1409.

Is it possible to get a newer map onto this device, as there's a few new roads (well, a couple of years old now) near my work and this device doesn't acknowledge them?

Cieran
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:39 am

cieranc wrote: I've updated the device through TT Home, now I've got App 7.903, and map v675.1409.

Cieran

map v675.1409 of what area?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 am

Sorry, UK and ROI v675.1409
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:04 am

1. Go here: All New Maps 880.XXXX Download either UK&ROI 880.3866 or 3868, they both will work.

2. Go here: FastActivate 24.11.2011 {1.8.8.0} Read the instructions, then download the premium version.

3. Replace your 675 map folder with the unzipped 880 map folder.

4. Run FastActive following the instructions & patch the map & navcore.

5. Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:32 am

Ok so far so good, got the fast activate downloaded.
After a while got the 880 map downloaded, but can't unzip it into the original map file, not enough disc space.

I'm guessing, do I delete the contents in the 'UK and Ireland' folder in the tomtom root directory, then unzip the new map into the original folder?

And does this go onto the internal memory or the memory card, 'cos it's saying there's no room left to download??

Cheers so far
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:57 am

cieranc wrote:Ok so far so good, got the fast activate downloaded.
1. After a while got the 880 map downloaded, but can't unzip it into the original map file, not enough disc space.

2. I'm guessing, do I delete the contents in the 'UK and Ireland' folder in the tomtom root directory, then unzip the new map into the original folder?

3. And does this go onto the internal memory or the memory card, 'cos it's saying there's no room left to download??

Cheers so far

1. What does post 4 step 3 tell you to do??

2. What does post 4 step 3 tell you to do??

3. What does post 4 step 3 tell you to do??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 am

Replace your 675 map folder with the unzipped 880 map folder. :)

So to do this, I delete the folder named 'UK and ROI', and just unzipp the new map to the root directory?

This is what I have done, and when I reboot it won't go past the splash screen, and it won't switch off.
Same as what this guy is describing in this thread:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?8256-TomTom-One

Any ideas gents??
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:37 pm

cieranc wrote:Replace your 675 map folder with the unzipped 880 map folder. :)

So to do this, I delete the folder named 'UK and ROI', and
1. just unzip the new map to the root directory?

2. This is what I have done, and when I reboot it won't go past the splash screen, and it won't switch off.
Same as what this guy is describing in this thread:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?8256-TomTom-One

Any ideas gents??

1. Using Winrar, it will create a folder in the root & unzip the 880 map .rar into it.
2. Confirm you patched both navcore & map. The 880 map folder will have a .meta.dct file in it, if it is patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks for bearing with me Tendriver, it must be frustrating dealing with eejits who can't follow instructions :)

I've deleted the original Uk+RoI maps from the card, and tried extracting the map to the card, but it won't install. Keeps saying out of memory.

Is there anywhere I can find a direct copy of a card already set out with the up to date maps on, I think I'm making this job worse!
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 pm

cieranc wrote:1. Thanks for bearing with me Tendriver, it must be frustrating dealing with eejits who can't follow instructions :)

2.I've deleted the original Uk+RoI maps from the card, and tried extracting the map to the card, but it won't install. Keeps saying out of memory.

Is there anywhere I can find a direct copy of a card already set out with the up to date maps on, I think I'm making this job worse!

1. I wouldn't be here if it was frustrating.

2. If your storage memory is 512MB or larger, take a screen shot of it. Post it here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Only 256mb memory I think :(

cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm

cieranc wrote:1. I've deleted the original Uk+RoI maps from the card, and tried extracting the map to the card, but it won't install. Keeps saying out of memory.

cieranc wrote:2. Only 256mb memory I think

1. You have installed a bunch of map files into the root of your unit instead of a map folder in the root.

2. You are right.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:07 pm

So do all them other folders go into the map folder?

Not sure where to go from here, I tried downloading the Clear Flash from this link: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1914-TomTom-Clear-Flash-Tool but only managed to download Mooby, which messed about with all my browser settings :(
Can I delete them folders and re-install them?

I tried to download a copy of the SD card in this link: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5509-How-to-get-maximum-available-RAM-on-small-devices but the link is dead.

Can I up the memory just by using a bigger SD card, or is this internal memory?

Cheers,
Cieran
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:16 pm

cieranc wrote:1. So do all them other folders go into the map folder?

2. Not sure where to go from here, I tried downloading the Clear Flash from this link: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1914-TomTom-Clear-Flash-Tool but only managed to download Mooby, which messed about with all my browser settings :(
Can I delete them folders and re-install them?

I tried to download a copy of the SD card in this link: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5509-How-to-get-maximum-available-RAM-on-small-devices but the link is dead.

Can I up the memory just by using a bigger SD card, or is this internal memory?

Cheers,
Cieran

1. A folder titled Brand is the only folder in the 880 map folder.
2. Did you make a back up of your old setup? You don't need Clear Flash at this point.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:50 pm

OK, I did make a backup before I started, so I reloaded this. But it seems I've even managed to mess this up too :(
So with little left to lose (this sat-nav was a freeby), I wiped the SD card and started again.
I connected to TTHome to download the latest app for it (7.903).
Then following the advice above, downloaded UK+RoI 880.3868 with automatic installer.
Then downloaded FastActivate and kick-started it all into life.

Well, it's worked! I've got the maps working (havn't got a signal yet) and the new roads in the area are on it.
Two minor things though, there's a problem with the postcodes, can only put half a code in, and I can't make me own splash screen.

Anyway, thanks for the help, just needed a push in the right direction. Donation inbound :)
cieranc offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom