DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20071121
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=2327
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7162
ApplicationVersion=8492

it had uk maps and souther iberia maps on

i installed navcore 9051 on the device and new uk and iberia maps on the Sd card(after wiping the card)

all patched ok but now when i start it up without the sd card it stays on the tom tom screen, when i start it with the SD card i get a red cross on the SD to say its not the correct card

all i have on the card apart from the maps is fast activate and the tt go bif from the new navcore

thanks for any help
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:55 pm

To have a working setup you must use a pre-patchd ttsystem or patch it and also patch your maps.

I recommend installing 9.205 autoinstaller see this thread ;) http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 pm

combat goofwing wrote:it has 500mb internal memory and a sd card slot

on internal memory it was as follow

DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20080529
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=190943
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369

the SD card was software on also

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20071121
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=2327
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7162
ApplicationVersion=8492

it had uk maps and souther iberia maps on

i installed navcore 9051 on the device and new uk and iberia maps on the Sd card(after wiping the card)

all patched ok but now when i start it up without the sd card it stays on the tom tom screen, when i start it with the SD card i get a red cross on the SD to say its not the correct card

all i have on the card apart from the maps is fast activate and the tt go bif from the new navcore

thanks for any help

What size SD card are you using?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:15 pm

2 gig sd card

started again instead of just overwriting the original navcore i deleted all the stuff on the device and started again got it working now with the new navcore on the device and new uk maps on there,still getting a red x for the sd card with the iberia map, whats the best way to add anew map via SD card
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 pm

reinstalled the original sd card files and now it boots from the sd card to the old version of the software and map so the card works fine

which files apart from the iberia map do i need to put on the sd card to get it to boot from the device but allow access to the card for the map?
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:59 pm

combat goofwing wrote: 1. still getting a red x for the sd card with the iberia map, whats the best way to add anew map via SD card

combat goofwing wrote:2. which files apart from the iberia map do i need to put on the sd card to get it to boot from the device but allow access to the card for the map?

1. Put the map & a copy of the device's ttgo.bif file on the card and run your patcher. Confirm meta.dct has been created in the map folder.

2. Your device will boot from the card, if there is a navcore is on it. It will boot from the internal, if no navcore is on the card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:18 pm

no still hasn't worked it seems as though as soon as i put a sd card in the device it wants to boot from the card
installed 9205 like you said and run device to create ttgo.bif
added uk maps to device,zip codes tt vocalizer some voices and then ran fast activate everything patched ok dct files present

inserted SD card into device(as soon as i did this the f drive that was my tom tom became the f drive sd and tom tom device was not accessable)
so removed sd card from device put it in a card reader, added iberia maps, copy of ttgo bif and fast activate,ran fast activate and maps and speed cams patched with dct files
insert sd card to device and switch on straight away get a card with a red cross, as soon as i remove the card device boots from internal memory and 9205 navcore works fine
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:53 pm

could it be the bootloader causing it to want to always boot from the card when one is present

if so how could i change it

thanks for the help
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:11 pm

having all sorts of issues now with freezing and restarts, decide to put both maps and navcore all onto sd card and leave device empty, and now trying to plan routes or change certain preferences cause it to freeze or crash

sure the root cause is it want o boot from the SD all the time but havent got a clue how to solve it
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm

combat goofwing wrote:could it be the bootloader causing it to want to always boot from the card when one is present

if so how could i change it

thanks for the help

It will not/it can not boot from the sd card, if no navcore is present on it. Remove the ttgo.bif file from the card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 pm

So i have removed everything from the SD apart from the 2 previously patched map, i have installed to the device the 9.205 prepatched navcore and nothing else .when i switched the device on with the sd card in with the 2 maps all i get is the animation of the sd card removed from the sd card slot and a red x
the only thing on the card is the maps, as soon i remove the card the device boots up as normal but the says no maps
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:18 pm

just tried it with a different blank sd card and it even does it with that , trys to boot from the SD and get the red x with the card removal animation
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby eskro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:58 pm

remove the .meta.dct file from each MAP and try to boot...

1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:34 am

combat goofwing wrote:just tried it with a different blank sd card and it even does it with that , trys to boot from the SD and get the red x with the card removal animation

The XL's are unusual in that it's either internal memory OR SD memory, not both together.
With an SD card installed, it will attempt to boot from the card and so requires system files and map to be present
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 am

tendriver wrote:The XL's are unusual in that it's either internal memory OR SD memory, not both together.
With an SD card installed, it will attempt to boot from the card and so requires system files and map to be present

thanks for the help at least now i can try to resolve the best way, with that in mind

which do you think is the best option

both maps and navcore will not fit on the device (500 mb memory)

tried putting it all onto the SD card but had lots of problems with freezing and lock ups even after running clear flash tool 3 times

so should i

put maps on device and navcore on SD card or try it all again on SD card and bottom the freezing issues

thanks again for the help
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom