no gps signal :(   

no gps signal :(

Postby pgalko » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Hello

I dont know what is the cause my tt go 700 is not seeing any more gps satelites - no signal after I installed update tt home program on pc? I have had performed several backups earlier, but, after restoring files on tt go dev from a backup copy, this time it have not resolved problem.
below im putting details my tt dev:

Code: Select all
DeviceName=TomTom GO 980 LIVE
DeviceVersionHW=GO 700
DeviceSerialNumber=XXXXXXXXXXXX
DeviceUniqueID=XXXXX XXXXX
BootLoaderVersion=54201
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
CurrentMap=Western_and_Central_Europe
CurrentMapVersion=845.2645

any help welcome
regards

[updated post]

ok i solved this
ths for attention
pgalko offline

Postby djc151084 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Have you used a quickfix gps fix from tomtom home ?
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pgalko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:55 am

djc151084 wrote:Have you used a quickfix gps fix from tomtom home ?

no, actually there is quickgpsfix already installed on my device. do you know where i can find maybe new version of it (any link)?

I cannot use tthome because whenever i do this it changes something with system files on my ttgo and later sometimes it cannot bootup - repeatedly restarts itself :( my tthome is already patched as well as ttsystem on my device. I used such cracked ttgo many years. is there something wrong with software tthome? for instance there i cannot use my ttgo view in tthome- the map is not recognised, so gray screen is shown in ttgo view. the rest sims to function well: tthome wants to update eg. mapshare and installed itself new its update. when yesterday i connected ttgo dev and launched tthome, it updated itself to newer version. after that my ttgo rebooted well without problems, but tthome changed something in ttgo system files because i was asked to set language, speaker, and some other settings, i do not remember now. after this my ttgo dev lost for hours gps signal. i put my ttgo to usb in pc again to format it and restore all from previous prerformed backup copy. not once this way helped me against troubles with ttgo dev. but, this time, however my ttgo rebooted ok, but it still could not catch gps signal. i thought: maybe the battery was to low, so, i plugged ttgo to car's main power. i launched ttgo under the main power and still there was lack of gps signal. i left to charge ttgo. later it worked and find satelites signals. since that time it has been working :)

any comments is welcome here :)
regards
pgalko offline

Postby djc151084 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 am

pgalko wrote:no, actually there is quickgpsfix already installed on my device. do you know where i can find maybe new version of it (any link)?

I cannot use tthome because whenever i do this it changes something with system files on my ttgo and later sometimes it cannot bootup - repeatedly restarts itself :( my tthome is already patched as well as ttsystem on my device. I used such cracked ttgo many years. is there something wrong with software tthome? for instance there i cannot use my ttgo view in tthome- the map is not recognised, so gray screen is shown in ttgo view. the rest sims to function well: tthome wants to update eg. mapshare and installed itself new its update. when yesterday i connected ttgo dev and launched tthome, it updated itself to newer version. after that my ttgo rebooted well without problems, but tthome changed something in ttgo system files because i was asked to set language, speaker, and some other settings, i do not remember now. after this my ttgo dev lost for hours gps signal. i put my ttgo to usb in pc again to format it and restore all from previous prerformed backup copy. not once this way helped me against troubles with ttgo dev. but, this time, however my ttgo rebooted ok, but it still could not catch gps signal. i thought: maybe the battery was to low, so, i plugged ttgo to car's main power. i launched ttgo under the main power and still there was lack of gps signal. i left to charge ttgo. later it worked and find satelites signals. since that time it has been working :)

regards

Ok please make shure you have the latest of tthome installed and run it, tthome will not change any of your files without your permission, DO NOT accept to upgrade your software to the latest officiall, but DO accept any mapshare + quickfixgps fix's it offers you, your problem should be fixed then,
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pgalko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:48 am

pgalko wrote:no, actually there is quickgpsfix already installed on my device. do you know where i can find maybe new version of it (any link)?

regards

appologise for this post by post. but i'd like to add my last observation why tthome doesnt want to launch my ttgo dev emulation in its window view.

before all, i had put Navcore 8.392.1909 to my ttgo dev and then map 845.2645 of Western and Central Europe, which is only compatibile for navcores versions from 8.20x up. somehow tthome soft on pc remembers my older navcore version (the original one v7.903) and whenever i connect my ttgo device to pc via usb port, tthome changes down my ttgo navcore version, that i can see by viewing ttgo.bif file. this may be reason that my map 845.2645 isnt shown on tthome's navigator panel view. this is reason i have to format my ttgo dev and restore from backups. without this when i reboot ttgo it doesnt recognize any map - gray screen without map.

how to synchronize ttgo system navcore to have the same in tthome?
pgalko offline

Postby djc151084 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:16 pm

pgalko wrote:appologise for this post by post. but i'd like to add my last observation why tthome doesnt want to launch my ttgo dev emulation in its window view.

before all, i had put Navcore 8.392.1909 to my ttgo dev and then map 845.2645 of Western and Central Europe, which is only compatibile for navcores versions from 8.20x up. somehow tthome soft on pc remembers my older navcore version (the original one v7.903) and whenever i connect my ttgo device to pc via usb port, tthome changes down my ttgo navcore version, that i can see by viewing ttgo.bif file. this may be reason that my map 845.2645 isnt shown on tthome's navigator panel view. this is reason i have to format my ttgo dev and restore from backups. without this when i reboot ttgo it doesnt recognize any map - gray screen without map.

how to synchronize ttgo system navcore to have the same in tthome?

TomTom home will only upgrad/downgrade to the latest officiall navcore for your device if you tell it to, you must not accept the application download, But here is how you can configure tthome to work with no errors with your new unofficiall navcore

[color="Red"]Ok to fix the wrong version error you need to do the following [/color]
Change lines 9 + 10 in the ttgo.bif to read Latest officiall navcore for your device (if you want to know the figures please ask and i will tell you)
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=[color="Red"]????[/color]
ApplicationVersion[color="Red"]=????[/color]

3.Save the file as ttgo.bak
4.Reboot your device
5.Connect to tthome and that error should not show up now
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pgalko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:33 pm

@ djc151084
do you mean my last official ver are like those being stated in my first post: ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903, ApplicationVersion=9183 ?
I already have these numbers in my ttgo.bif and the same are in ttgo.bak which also is in my device. does it means in my ttgo dev is no longer the navcore i downloaded and installed earlier? what shall i do to get it back and have my newer navecore untached (shall be: ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8392, ApplicationVersion=1909)? need i install again from scratches?

ths for your patience and hands :)
pgalko offline

Postby djc151084 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:55 pm

pgalko wrote:@ djc151084
do you mean my last official ver are like those being stated in my first post: ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903, ApplicationVersion=9183 ?
I already have these numbers in my ttgo.bif and the same are in ttgo.bak which also is in my device. does it means in my ttgo dev is no longer the navcore i downloaded and installed earlier? what shall i do to get it back and have my newer navecore untached (shall be: ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8392, ApplicationVersion=1909)? need i install again from scratches?

ths for your patience and hands :)

The numbers in your ttgo.bif on your device is the current installd navcore. Latest officiall means the latest navcore that tomtom offer you through theyer servers , what device do you have ?
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pgalko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:30 pm

djc151084 wrote:The numbers in your ttgo.bif on your device is the current installd navcore. Latest officiall means the latest navcore that tomtom offer you through theyer servers , what device do you have ?

ttgo 700 - old fasion, bulky one :)
pgalko offline

Postby djc151084 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 pm

pgalko wrote:ttgo 700 - old fasion, bulky one :)

Ok if you want to upgrade your navcore, from v7 then i reccomend 8.412 .cab file and SE ttsystem folder. see links below, then perform the fix i stated above to remove error message from tthome , then tell me if you can get a gps fix.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file]
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:37 pm

pgalko wrote:ttgo 700 - old fasion, bulky one :)

As stated in post 1.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pgalko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:35 pm

THX again a lot
just last question, how can i obtain uk post codes and install it to ttgo dev?
pgalko offline

Postby djc151084 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:40 pm

pgalko wrote:THX again a lot
just last question, how can i obtain uk post codes and install it to ttgo dev?

Latest postcode files are here [Please Register or Login to download file]

extract to a folder called zip on the root of your device
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pgalko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:25 pm

djc151084 wrote:Latest postcode files are here [Please Register or Login to download file]

extract to a folder called zip on the root of your device

need they to be activated somehow?
pgalko offline

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:08 pm

no activation needed for post codes just copy the zip folder to root of the device
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom