Go910 Help   

Postby per » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Did as you said tendriver.
Now I have 10.5 mb free memory when I added a route.
Much better to try it then if it is faster ought to be the big difference with 3.4 MB available memory =)
I'll be back how it goes.
Otherwise, I make a complete conversion.
per offline

Postby djc151084 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:05 pm

per wrote:Did as you said tendriver.
Now I have 10.5 mb free memory when I added a route.
Much better to try it then if it is faster ought to be the big difference with 3.4 MB available memory =)
I'll be back how it goes.
Otherwise, I make a complete conversion.

Great news glad you got the the source of the problem ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Phillip Thorne » Tue May 10, 2011 4:16 pm

djc151084 wrote:Ok you have a lot of space on a 910 so i reccomend you downloading and using this map Western & Central Europe 850.2800 [2.21GB] it is a fully featured map ;) download all 17 parts then extract

Forget that link at 'filefactory' as it wont download for poop. even if you can get it to work it will only download 150MB per hour and the file is 2GB! I'm not sitting here all day and I'm not paying for access, I'd rather buy a news server subscription. Oh and be prepared for pop-ups galore and spam in your inbox if you sign up!
Phillip Thorne offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Phillip Thorne wrote:Forget that link at 'filefactory' as it wont download for poop. even if you can get it to work it will only download 150MB per hour and the file is 2GB! I'm not sitting here all day and I'm not paying for access, I'd rather buy a news server subscription. Oh and be prepared for pop-ups galore and spam in your inbox if you sign up!

FYI, the post that you referenced is dated 08-15-2010. The referenced map is 4 editions out of date. 865 is current, but the 870 Edition maps will be out very soon.
BTW, the TomTom.com maps download very fast.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Phillip Thorne » Thu May 12, 2011 3:21 am

tendriver wrote:FYI, the post that you referenced is dated 08-15-2010. The referenced map is 4 editions out of date. 865 is current, but the 870 Edition maps will be out very soon.
BTW, the TomTom.com maps download very fast.

Thanks tendriver. I know this is an old satnav but I find it really good and have installed it into my dashboard so can't change it anyway!
My maps are way out of date though but I have no way of connecting it to USB. I don't have a dock for it and the USB connector is beyond repair. It was like that when I got it.
I have removed the little 1.8 20GB Zif hard disk and are going to order an adapter to connect it to the PC. I'm quite good with computers and installing stuff but do you know of any tutorial anywhere that I can use to write a new system image to the hdd?
Phillip Thorne offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about TomTom