Go730 'no maps found' after update   

Go730 'no maps found' after update

Postby Hotpants » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:27 am

Hi all, i have UK and ROI and Iberia 980_4222 maps and an SE Navcore 9.430 on the device. It was all working fine until Tomtom home updated itself. Every time I start the unit, I get a blue screen saying 'No maps found!' and the 'connect your device to Tonmtom home etc' for support.

I have tried copying over both map folders again to the unit, and ran Fastactivate Premium on both the maps and the Navcore. The weird thing is, if I turn on Tomtome home and operate my device, I can plan a route. It will also allow me to download quickfix.

I've tried a reset, and another tip was to hold down the power button until I get to the diagnostic screen, and tap the power button 3 times, which should put the unit into recovery mode, but it just restarts and I get the same map message.

I have also tried a reset with a pin, without joy.

Am I better off copying everything to my PC, formatting the unit, and letting Tomtom home update itself until I get the latest Navcore, adding the maps again and patching them with Fastactivate premium?

DeviceID=
DeviceVersionHW=GO 730
DeviceSerialNumber=

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9430
TTSystem 8322664 bytes, modified 18/08/2012 08:51
BootLoaderVersion=10012
RDS/TMC 'mctx.dat' size 212 bytes
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_890_4222
CurrentMapVersion=890.4222
NederlandPostalVersion=850
GreatBritainPostalVersion=Version885

Regards

Hotpants

While backing up my unit, I noticed several files in the root folder that I have never noticed before, namely SFCK000.REC, SFCK0001.REC etc files. I deleted these, and the unit is now working fine. Whether or not my Tomtome home update was interrupted, possibly these were corrupted files confusing the unit. Hope it may help someone.
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:56 am

Not found means the TT can't find the map files.
If you get a .dct file created with FastActivate I suggest to use a simple name for the folder like

UK890

Delete the file "currentmap.dat" in the root of your device after renaming the folder and check again.
By the way: most TT's don't like spaces in the folder or filenames ;)

RDS/TMC 'mctx.dat' size 212 bytes
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_ 890_4222
- check right in front of the 8...
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Hotpants » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 am

Downunder35m wrote:Not found means the TT can't find the map files.
If you get a .dct file created with FastActivate I suggest to use a simple name for the folder like

UK890

Delete the file "currentmap.dat" in the root of your device after renaming the folder and check again.
By the way: most TT's don't like spaces in the folder or filenames ;)

- check right in front of the 8...[/color]

Funny, my currentmap.dat is '= /mnt/sdcard/United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_890_4222/ ' without any gaps!

Thanks for the advice as ever, much appreciated :clap:
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Hotpants wrote:It was all working fine until Tomtom home updated itself. Every time I start the unit, I get a blue screen saying 'No maps found!'

"No maps found" is the Classic Message when a navcore is not patched.
"You can not use this map on this device" is the Classic Message when a map is not patched.

Hotpants wrote:I noticed several files in the root folder that I have never noticed before, namely SFCK000.REC, SFCK0001.REC etc files.

I have 4 of these files, 0000 thru 0004.

Downunder35m wrote:If you get a .dct file created with FastActivate I suggest to use a simple name for the folder like

UK890

By the way: most TT's don't like spaces in the folder or filenames

The name of the map folder is irrelavent. You can name it anything that you wish. Examples: ABC, 123, My map etc.
Spaces or no spaces makes no difference either.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom