GO500 Navcore   

GO500 Navcore

Postby RodA » Sun May 26, 2013 7:11 pm

My TomTom says it has Navcore 7.903, but when I look at the files I can't see Navcore in the list?

I want to use North America & Canada maps, I can't seem to find any to match this Navcore, can I update the Navcore even if I can't see it?

PS: My device was a GO300 but after I had it repaired it now says it's a 500 !
RodA offline

Postby tendriver » Sun May 26, 2013 8:05 pm

RodA wrote:1. My TomTom says it has Navcore 7.903, but when I look at the files I can't see Navcore in the list?

I want to use North America & Canada maps, I can't seem to find any to match this Navcore, can I update the Navcore even if I can't see it?

PS: My device was a GO300 but after I had it repaired it now says it's a 500 !

Open your GOs files. Open the TomTom-Cfg folder. Open the release.nfo file with Notepad. Fourth line from the bottom reads: Application version = X.XXX, which represents your navcore.

Yes, you can update your navcore. Look at Downunder's modded navcore threads in Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby RodA » Sun May 26, 2013 9:38 pm

In TomTom-Cfg I only have three folders:
Birthday.txt
Image.ver
Local.ini

No Release.nfo?
RodA offline

Postby tendriver » Sun May 26, 2013 11:30 pm

RodA wrote:In TomTom-Cfg I only have three folders:
Birthday.txt
Image.ver
Local.ini

No Release.nfo?

Plan B: Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 27, 2013 3:18 am

No really necessary, the 500 and 300 are identical in most hardware features and my Navcores with Memory Boost will work just fine.
If never updated higher than 7.xxx it will need an update to bootloader 5.5112 or 5.5128, that's about it and it will be able to use the latest full featured maps.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

GO500 can't change maps

Postby RodA » Fri May 31, 2013 4:00 pm

I have a GO500 with navcore 7.903

The current maps are 870.3391. When I look at the files on the SD card in addition to the maps I have 12 other folders and 10 files including ttgo.bif

The instructions say the only file needed is the ttgo.bif when I load the new maps. The new maps are 895.4446 which say they are ok with 7.903.

They appear to load and patch ok but when I insert the card into the GO500 I get a red X which I believe is saying the card is not correct.

Any suggestions please?
RodA offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri May 31, 2013 4:44 pm

The 910 maps are current.
A red X shows the SD is unusable, meaning you messed up the Navcore.
Check my Navcores for the MemoryBoost versions, install one of your choice and add a current map.
Follow the instructions provided in the threads and it will work just fine.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Is there a simple way to replace a map?

Postby RodA » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:48 pm

I have a GO500 with Navcore 7.903 and WE map V870.3391.

I've asked questions in the forum about changing the map and the suggestions are to update the Navcore and down load a new map.

The more I read about Navcores the more I don't understand the terms used, and am concerned that I won't get it right. From other postings I don't think I'm alone!

As a 'newbie' can't I simply copy my existing SD card to a spare SD card, download the map that is compatible with my existing Navcore version, then simply replace the map folder on the spare SD card with the new maps?

That way I can swap SD cards when I want to change between two countries maps.

I've tried deleting the map folder then replacing it with the downloaded maps with automatic patcher & installer, they appear to load correctly but the GO500 then says 'No Maps Found'.

Can I replace maps this way?

Thanks
RodA offline

Postby dieselman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 pm

RodA wrote:As a 'newbie' can't I simply copy my existing SD card to a spare SD card, download the map that is compatible with my existing Navcore version, then simply replace the map folder on the spare SD card with the new maps?

As long as you patch everything with fast activate this will work. but it's quite unnecessary. As your device works from sd cards only all you need is a bootloader that will allow it to read larger sd cards and you can have a navcore of your choice and several selectable maps on one sd card. i would suggest downunders navcore 9.485 with memory boost for 32mb models and then you can use the latest fully featured maps with lane guidance etc. All the information to do the above can be found in the tutorial section. good luck.
dieselman offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:23 pm

@ RodA: I'm getting sick and tired of your attitude here.
You open thread after thread, ignore everything you get as an answer and open a new thread again.
This way you will never get any help here! Check the forum and posting rules for that reagard.
In the time it took you to create all these thread I merged you would have a perfectly running device!
The instructions in my Navcore threads are clear enough for over 60's, the instructions in the 910 map are also pretty clear.
You could read them, use them and get going instead of opening new thread for no good reason.

If you open another thread for this topic you will receive some penalties.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby RodA » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:24 am

Thank you for the reply.

I actually opened only two threads, the first how to update the maps only which the suggestion was to update the navcore. Having looked at this I couldn't work out how to do it so asked if it was possible to replace the map only on the SD card.

The reply says it is, but suggests updating the navcore as a better option.

When I go to 9.485 as suggested I can't see anyway to download it, the link goes around in circles and the thread is closed.

Your over 60 remark is not helpfull, I'm just trying to understand the site and make use of it by asking for support.

Thank you
RodA offline

Postby RodA » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:23 am

Thank you for a very nice reply, I'm not quite 69 but catching you up fast !!

Your English is no problem at all.

I've used this forum before and managed to update my TomTom maps ok. However this time the main problem I have is trying to actually download the files, both Navcores and maps.

As an example navcore 9.485 was suggested, but wherever I click on this I get an advertisement or go around in circles?

For the maps Jdownloader was a suggested program, when I tried this my antivirus went into 'red' mode saying the program was full of unwanted applications and blocked it.

If you can make me any suggestions please private message me.

Thanks

Rod
RodA offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 am

You should get a proper scanner or disable it for the time.
There is no malware in JD and no malware in our downloads either.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:41 am

RodA wrote:Is there a simple way to replace a map?

Yep. Out with the old map folder. In with the new map folder. Patch the map & navcore. Done. It can't get much simpler.

RodA wrote:1. When I go to 9.485 as suggested I can't see anyway to download it.
2. the link goes around in circles and
3. the thread is closed

1. [color=red]Navcore 9.485 for most devices[/color] Clue: BLUE = download links!!
2. No it doesn't.
3. No it isn't.

RodA wrote:As an example navcore 9.485 was suggested, but wherever I click on this I get an advertisement or go around in circles?

I don't know what you are clicking, but what ever it is, it's the wrong thing.

pe1agp wrote:I've sent you already a PM as requested.

We do not give help by PM. It deprives other members of a chance to learn. I expect no less from you!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 pm

pe1agp wrote:We do not give help by PM. It deprives other members of a chance to learn. I expect no less from you!!
======================
1. Let me tell you that I agree with you in the first place,
2. but on the other hand I doubt it highly if my comments/explanation has a contribution to this problem for other users.
I think they will be only extremely confused.

3. Sometime it's hard for somebody to find the right information, a direct conversation seems to me the best solution in this case.
4. There is another reason, with PM or direct e-mail I'm able to send a link for map or any other helpfull things.
5. When I publish them at the forum, they will be marked as illigal into a split second.

Best regards,

Aad - pe1agp

1. Thanx you.
2. That is for the members to decide, not you or me.
3. A forum post, available to ALL members, is always the best solution, when sharing info.
4. You have a problem using our map links?
5. Marked as illegal by whom??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom