From Route66 europe to Tom Tom   

From Route66 europe to Tom Tom

Postby reefer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi im a neewbie to this forum. Basically I got a double din chinese dvd / sat nav player in a car i just bought and it had route 66 installed on the SD card. Anyway i saved the original folder with files on to my desktop as i wanted to change my software to Tom Tom but found problems on doing so and when I copied the original rote66 folder on to my 2Gb SD card and insert it in the sd card slot in my dvd\sat nav player it comes up with no software found. Help?????????? :helpsos: Ive downloaded Igo Tom Tom Route66 and still when I insert the card no software found. Im able to search and pick the file through the sat nav menu and after that im lost as the only option it gives me on the touch screen is the return key to the previous window which brings me back to the menu settings... am i missing something here, as i would have thought that by choosing the folder on the sd card and choosing the file path with .exe path it should load up automatically... appreciate any help as been 2 weeks and im seriously lost now and giving up hope.. im running win ce 6.0 btw. if need be i can post some screen shots... i dont knw what brand the dvd / sat nav player is but it has all the functionality such as BT, 2 sd cards aux iphone etc....
reefer offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Exactly what error message are you getting? Take a photo if possible, It could be a WinCE error or a shell error.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby reefer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:58 pm

@Fatboyfun ok will do and will post. thx 4 da reply
reefer offline

Postby reefer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi Ive uploaded the pics.

Ok the first pic is the screen I get when ive restted the dvd/satnav player ( NO FIND NAVIGATION SOFTWARE!) so when i put the sd card with my original route66 folder or for any other software it still comes up with that same message. But then it goes to screen 2 - Setup: so im able to press the settings button on the bottom left and it takes me the SD folder where I can see all files in the folder. I scroll down to the file named ROUTE66N7.exe and choose it and as you can see by the screen shots the path is there but even if i press the back key it does nuttin. am i missing summat here? I cant get it to load no options except to choose file path or go back!!!!! then sometimes it just goes to the Freeworld GPS screen and i cant do nuttin to get out of it unless i reset the dvd/sat nav player. :confused: As you can see by the photos im running windows@ CE 6.0.

Hellllpppppppppp!!!!!
reefer offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Did the original software ever work? The easiest way of running other software is to copy the path of the original software by renaming the new software to match.

I'll add that Tomtom rarely works on WinCE6 double din devices anyway, iGO is your best bet.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby reefer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 pm

That's my whole prob. It did work and I saved the folder to my desktop and when I tried to install tom tom and it never worked I put the original route 66 folder back on the sd card but it still coming up software not found.
reefer offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 pm

When you copied the Route66 folder to your PC, Did you turn on "Show hidden/system files"? Because you may have missed some files.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby reefer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 am

No I didint turn on the hidden files options. So you recommend Igo... gonna need ur help on this one mate as I aint got a clue which one to go for apart from knowing it should be for europe and also does it make a difference if its for wince 5 or for win ce 6 - a link with easy instructions to follow on installingl would be appreciated :) lo as I dont wanna end up messing my unit and its been 3 weeks now its kinda buggin me as ive downloaded so many of them navigation programs but unable to instal as dont know which files to unzip and to change to .exe etc............ confused :s can anyone help... cheers
reefer offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:13 am

This is a good place to start...
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?909-Double-din-2Din-GPS-How-to-install-thread&p=2232#post2232

As this is now a thread about igo you may want to start a new thread in the igo general discussion sub forum if you need more help :)
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby reefer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:57 pm

ok i sorted my issue. i downloaded chas521 - 'Working iGO 8.3 from my device', downloaded teleatlas uk from a different source and hey as soon as i put it on my sd card and placed it in my dvd/sat nav it started to install instantly. went thru the setup and everything is fine except for the gps. at the beginning it stated "Autodetecting GPS" but then showed "Looking for GPS signal" which is good i suppose cos according to fatboyfun and his post "Guide to install iGO Primo on devices with Windows CE core" this means that it has found the gps receiver. also reading on i came across nabi post "How to install iGO8 from scratch" and it stated i quote "It will also take some time for first GPS fix" so praying its the bad weather thats affecting the fix cos when i go to gps there are no bars and 0 satellites so hoping its just the initial fix cos i read somewhere it can take anything upto 10 mins even though i had route66 installed before i installed Igo and it would pick up a fix in secs. also i read if it comes up with that message "Autodetecting GPS" which its not presently then i would need to enter your GPS settings in sys.txt. ive copied my sys.txt file and pasted it below if someone could advise if the settings for gps is there as i wouldnt know where to look.

If it is there then i know its just the initial gps fix but ifi not can someone advise what it should be as i have looked at my route66 file to compare but its different to the Igo one.

Cheers

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[debug]
enable_roadshadow=1
show_residentonly=1
enable_roadsign=1
enable_landmark_occlusion=1
show_oneway_3d=1
show_oneway=1
show_gps_pos=1
show_signpost=1
background_navigation=1
screen_calibration=1
skip_eula=1
;max_memory=25000000
traincrossing=1
supress_trivial_left=0
supress_trivial_right=0

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
shutdown_time=0
defaulttilt3d=7600
vga=0
resolution_dir="480_272"

[map]
2dheadup=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=10000
3d_max_zoomlevel=3000
3d_min_zoomlevel=40
3d_max_zfar=2000
stop_rotate_on_map_move=1
inertia_on_map_move=1
follow_gps=1
2dheadup=1

[poi]
poi_show_all_btn=1
poi_labels=1
show_poi_boundingrects=1
show_poi_areas=1
enable_pois_before_0802017=1

[navigation]
show_current_city=1
show_countrychange=1
autoreplan_action="AUTO"
gps_pos_to_road=1
sim_speed_factor=3.0

[smartzoom]
minangle=0
maxangle=80

[msnd]
enabled=0

[map]
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=3500
3dcarsizemax=5000
3dcarsizemul=10000

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
announce_exit_directions=1
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_names=1
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=0
supress_trivial_left=0
supress_trivial_right=0

[sound]
ding=1 ;=0 no ding
queue_length=200

[route]
correctness=80

[3d_config]
roadsign_lines_per_screen=12
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1 ;=0 in balloon =1 in street

[rawdisplay]
highres=0

[warning]
speedcam_max_lookahead=200
speedcam_max_angle=20
speedcam_snap_distance=200
speedcam_maxdistance_from_road=10
reefer offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 pm

You may get a better response by posting in the iGO section... ;)
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby reefer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm

ok will do.

cheers
reefer offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom