Followed any advise but still Loquendo Voices do not work   

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:47 pm

bygass wrote:So, since I am using a map dwnloaded from here, just copying "the new navcore to the new card overwriting any common files" as you suggest is not enough. Ins'it? I have to make all the patching process again. Right?

All of the navcores in the Latest Navcores thread are pre-patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bygass » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi Tendriver, I do not find the 8841 navcore on that page. Is it somewhere else? Thanks
bygass offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 pm

bygass wrote:Hi Tendriver, I do not find the 8841 navcore on that page. Is it somewhere else? Thanks

It is in Navitotal TomTom, Tutorials, Carminat Tomtom - FAQ
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bygass » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:54 pm

tendriver wrote:I would erase everything from the new card, but the map folder. Copy everything except the map folder, from the old card to the new. Confirm that voice works, then copy the new navcore to the new card, overwriting any common files.

I finally got the chance to follow your instructions but problems came at the very first step since, after erasing everything from the new card but the map folder and copying everything except the map folder from the old to the new card, when I put the card into the slot to confirm if voices works, I got the error msg that "the map cannot be used with this device". So I cannot even move on to the second step.
Now, may I copy back again all the new card content that I had backed up on the PC to get it back working without the TTS voices or am I to make all the process again from stratch? Thanks.
bygass offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:21 pm

bygass wrote:I finally got the chance to follow your instructions but problems came at the very first step since, after erasing everything from the new card but the map folder and copying everything except the map folder from the old to the new card, when I put the card into the slot to confirm if voices works, I got the error msg that "the map cannot be used with this device". So I cannot even move on to the second step.
Now, may I copy back again all the new card content that I had backed up on the PC to get it back working without the TTS voices or am I to make all the process again from stratch? Thanks.

Either the navcore or map did not get patched correctly.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bygass » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanks. I give up. Thanks for trying.
bygass offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:36 pm

bygass wrote:Thanks. I give up. Thanks for trying.

Sorry my friend. I pulled out all of the tricks that I know.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Previous

Return to General Discussions about TomTom