First time - How to properly install a new map on XXL   

First time - How to properly install a new map on XXL

Postby SPiET » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:48 am

Hi guys,

Been reading a lot on this new forum and i'm a newbie on installing maps etc. However i'm a bit confused on deleting and installing a new map

Now what i have is on the Tom Tom XXL a map of Europe South (original) in map 'Europe_South' (on root) with a submap 'brand'. In the Europe_South map tons of files, especially .dat files. The biggest one is the cline.dat which is round 700+ mb. Others are faces.dat, cspeech_XXX.dat etc etc

Now do i need to delete that entire map and all whats in it before i install a new map?

In the new map i also have all .dat files. Do i then just copy that new map (Europe_1GB_South_940.5993) to the root dir and copy fastactive.exe there as well and run it to activate the new map?

Just wondering if i have to delete that entire OLD map , i do not copy some settings to the new map?

thanks
SPiET offline

Re: First time - How to properly install a new map on XXL

Postby SPiET » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Ok tried everything, none work.

I get a red screen with the message, you can't use this map on this navigationsystem europe_1GB_South-100207

I have the meta data inserted in meta.txt and also in the updated_meta.txt, ran fastactivate, patched navcore and then use 1 meta.txt

i guess the map and the pna & meta file is also good but no luck, anybody?
SPiET offline

Postby fredderf » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:18 pm

1. back up (copy) everything on your device to a safe location on your PC using Windows Explorer (showing hidden files & folders)
2. delete meta.txt / 1 meta.txt
3. copy latest FastActivate to the root of your device > run it and choose options 2 & 3

FYI: the only file that you might want to keep from your old map is 'mapsettings.cfg' as this file holds your favourites and recent routes
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:54 pm

1. Remove the ENTIRE old map folder.
2. Make a backup of the remaining files & folders.
3. Copy in the ENTIRE new map folder (UNALTERED).
4. Run options 2 & 3 of an UNALTERED copy of FastActivate, to patch the navcore & map.
Disconnect & reboot. If all is well, then copy the 'mapsettings.cfg' from old map folder to new map folder, as fredderf suggests.
DONE!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby SPiET » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Ok thanks! I'll have a try.
SPiET offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom