File Factory Broken ?   

File Factory Broken ?

Postby Cynderyn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Admins

Trying to download 885 maps linking to LinkSavin OK but pressing any of the downlink links links to a "text page" display asking fo email and password.

OK at 08:00 UK time but now trying at 20:36 broken

Any help on this

Thanks
Cynderyn
Cynderyn offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 pm

The site may be experiencing temporary difficulties, Try again later...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:33 am

Cynderyn wrote:Trying to download 885 maps linking to LinkSavin OK but pressing any of the downlink links links to a "text page" display asking fo email and password.

OK at 08:00 UK time but now trying at 20:36 broken

I'm getting the same thing. Check the time of this post.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:14 am

Sent a support request two days ago and just got an answer - if you can call it that:
Due to our ongoing server upgrades and the high numbers of up- and downloads some users might experience more unavailable files than usual.
This can affect you premium account as well if you try to up- or download on a server we are currently working on.
No files are deleted and usually available again within 48 hours.
We apologuise for this inconvenience and assure we are doing our best to keep the disruptions to a minimum.

According to some our forums I checked it seems FF is now the prefered hoster for almost anyone trying to spread pirated software and movies.
One reason (maybe the only!) would be that FF has no limits like most others now.
For many uploaders it makes no sense to use a hoster with a 5GB upload limit or that limits the upload speed to 50-60kb/s, which sadly is now the case for most "good" hosters.
At this stage it seems the only way out would be to buy premium accounts at other hosters to overcome the limits FF has right now.
RS is gone useless, Uploaded and similar hosters added bad restictions and to make things worse it is almost impossible to find a suitable hoster with remote upload that is not limited to single files and actually checks if the upload was complete.
I don't know about others, but for me it is simply impossible to change my files to others hosters as my line is too restricted for that.

But what worries me most currently is the simple fact that it seems the users only care about what they can get for free and how long it takes.
I haven given up on asking for a mirror :(
If only every 10th user that downloaded a file would offer a mirror after that we would not have any problems anymore, but it seems to be common practise now to get everything for free and to complain if is not working as expected.
I have some files that had been downloaded almost 1000times, often re-uploaded and fixed but never got any mirror from a user.

Therefor I asked one last time for mirrors for the files you like. If you want to help others and like our work this not really much to ask I think....
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Macca-009 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 am

tendriver wrote:I'm getting the same thing. Check the time of this post.

Just tried a download - all ok other than slow d/load speed, which seems to be the par since FF became a "victim of it's own success".

Macca
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 am

Sadly not true on my end:
My uploads are mostly inclomplete and if I try to continue the uploaded part is deleted and it starts from scratch, making an upload almost impossible right now.
Have several files that are not downloadable with the note "we are aware and working on it" - for more than 5 days now!
The support is almost useless as they claim all is fine.
Due to the restrictions of many other hosts my options are pretty much limited now.
The last response from the FF support was that the current problems will all be solved within the next two weeks giving a normal service after that.
If that really is true we don't have to worry too much.
Still, I would like to have one or two good alternatives at hand...
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Cynderyn » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all replys:),

It would seem that all is not well with this hosting service until my retirement I was one of the main system administrators at a university it would seem that they have not got sufficient resources in place for the demand (or are crippling the system to persuade peope to upgrade)

I did consider upgrading my free account to premium beacuse I am now getting "free bandwidth is full" every time I try to connect.

However reading helpfull comments from navitotal admins it would seem I would still hit delays and be paying for it :helpsos:

Cynderyn
Cynderyn offline

Postby Macca-009 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 am

Here's an interesting (or maybe not!) issue ...

Attempted to download the latest Truck map. The linksave page shows 12 parts all less than 1.00K in size ( !!! ) ... clicked on part 1 and got taken to File Factory which gave me Pt 12. Tried the same for the other parts and did get all 12 parts, but in a seemingly random order!

Maybe it's just TOO early in the morning ... Where's the coffee ?

Camaca
(that's linksave/ff speak for 'Macca')
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Macca-009 wrote:Here's an interesting (or maybe not!) issue ...

Attempted to download the latest Truck map. The linksave page shows 12 parts all less than 1.00K in size ( !!! ) ... clicked on part 1 and got taken to File Factory which gave me Pt 12. Tried the same for the other parts and did get all 12 parts, but in a seemingly random order!

Maybe it's just TOO early in the morning ... Where's the coffee ?

Camaca
(that's linksave/ff speak for 'Macca')

PM Popeye, please.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom