Device not finding maps ?   

Device not finding maps ?

Postby casperdan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I recently decided to add voices to my TomTom One XL (v9). It took me some time, but got it working.

Today I decided to update my maps. Everything was geniune before I added the voices.

What I did was copy over the new maps (Southern_Africa_910_4892) into the Southern_Africa folder on my device (really takes forever to copy - hours). I deleted all the old map files out of that folder (except I left the speed cams).
Generated the .dct with Easyusetools - copied into map folder. I had already patched the device to get the voices working..
I turned the device on and it says "No Maps Found". Tried FastActivate to generate the .dct and even copied old PNDNavigator and ttsystem so that I could have FastActivate patch the Navcore. Still not able to find the map.

On the device is a "maps" folder which has a .tlv file (Southern_Africa.tlv) - tried deleting this file, then tried editing the data in it.. still nothing.

What is going on? What am I missing here?

Looked around this forum, but not finding anything that's pinpointing my issue.

a complete setup on the SD card

Update #1
OK, according to another thread regarding the same problem..the solution was to update the Navcore.. Currently downloading the 1st file from filefactory, but it's very slow (like two hours for 250mb) And it won't allow me to download multiple files on a free account :( .
Maybe after the update, it'll be golden. Will post back.

Update #2
All worked just fine after updating navcore.
Thanks for all the info.
casperdan offline

Postby casperdan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:00 pm

OK, according to another thread regarding the same problem..the solution was to update the Navcore.. Currently downloading the 1st file from filefactory, but it's very slow (like two hours for 250mb) And it won't allow me to download multiple files on a free account :( .
Maybe after the update, it'll be golden. Will post back.
casperdan offline

Postby casperdan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:15 am

All worked just fine after updating navcore.

Thanks for all the info.
casperdan offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom