Daylight sensor in Go 920 with v9 navcore   

Daylight sensor in Go 920 with v9 navcore

Postby Mikk36 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Is it ever possible to get the navcore to use the light sensor to take notice of the brightness outside the Tomtom to differentiate its screen brightness?
At the moment I'm using Dark Mireille mod for 9.051 (though, the version nor mod hasn't changed anything in regards to the sensor) which automatically changes the day/night colours, but doesn't change the brightness of the screen.
So on a really cloudy morning when the light is really low, it really bothers me when the Tomtom changes from nightcolours (peacefully dark) to really bright in a flash (as soon as the sun has risen). And because there are also days when the sun is out, I can't set the daylight brightness to low since I can't read a thing from it then.
I'd be happy with the change as long as the screen brightness was changed according to the light amount outside.
Any hints on how to configure, choose navcore or any additional program to run in the background, anything that would be helpful.
Mikk36 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Mikk36 wrote:Is it ever possible to get the navcore to use the light sensor to take notice of the brightness outside the Tomtom to differentiate its screen brightness?
At the moment I'm using Dark Mireille mod for 9.051 (though, the version nor mod hasn't changed anything in regards to the sensor) which automatically changes the day/night colours, but doesn't change the brightness of the screen.
So on a really cloudy morning when the light is really low, it really bothers me when the Tomtom changes from nightcolours (peacefully dark) to really bright in a flash (as soon as the sun has risen). And because there are also days when the sun is out, I can't set the daylight brightness to low since I can't read a thing from it then.
I'd be happy with the change as long as the screen brightness was changed according to the light amount outside.
Any hints on how to configure, choose navcore or any additional program to run in the background, anything that would be helpful.

It functions with any of the SE 9.xxx navcores set to x50 emu. Main Menu, Change preferences, Brightness preferences, Night color brightness.
You can also control the brighness with Command & Control "Brightness Up" or "Brightness Down"
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Would You happen to know the modelid of Go 950?
Mikk36 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:19 pm

mikk36 wrote:would you happen to know the modelid of go 950?

1cp9.069.00
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Hm, apparently it was enough to specify it as x30 (modelid 25) instead of x40 (modelid 24) that I had it on for some reason. One bug came out though, becase of activating the light sensor, but it's more related to that ME release, which adjusts the day/night colours by the sun position (whether it's above or below the horizon). From time to time, it flickers for a moment to day colours when the sun is still supposed to be above horizon, but the light outside is dark enough to trigger night colours.
Mikk36 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 pm

Mikk36 wrote:Hm, apparently it was enough to specify it as x30 (modelid 25) instead of x40 (modelid 24) that I had it on for some reason. One bug came out though, becase of activating the light sensor, but it's more related to that ME release, which adjusts the day/night colours by the sun position (whether it's above or below the horizon). From time to time, it flickers for a moment to day colours when the sun is still supposed to be above horizon, but the light outside is dark enough to trigger night colours.

Actually, both colors & brightness are based on time & not the light sensor. I use x50, as mentioned in post 2, and don't have any problems.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:33 pm

tendriver wrote:Actually, both colors & brightness are based on time & not the light sensor. I use x50, as mentioned in post 2, and don't have any problems.
Well, currently it's reacting to the light sensor (ie, put finger over the sensor and it goes to night colours).
If by both colours and brightness you mean the automatic change by time, yes, it does change the brightness, but only to the preset value in configuration, which does not reflect the light amount outside.
Mikk36 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Mikk36 wrote:Well, currently it's reacting to the light sensor (ie, put finger over the sensor and it goes to night colours).
If by both colours and brightness you mean the automatic change by time, yes, it does change the brightness, but only to the preset value in configuration, which does not reflect the light amount outside.

Set the night value in configuration to anything you want. My day is set to 100% & night is set to 10%. I use the same colors for both.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Well, I have the day at 100% and night at 0% currently, with different colours for day and night (google maps colours for day, volvo v40 for night, nice black background for earth around and green roads, matches my car interior lighting). With the light sensor active, it changes between brightness and day/night both so that it moves from 100% day gradually to around 20-30% day and then over to night colours with a bit more brightess and from there over to 0% brightness with night colours. All depending on the light amount that it sees with the sensor.

That gradual change is what I was looking to get back when I created this topic.
Mikk36 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Mikk36 wrote:Well, I have the day at 100% and night at 0% currently, with different colours for day and night (google maps colours for day, volvo v40 for night, nice black background for earth around and green roads, matches my car interior lighting). With the light sensor active, it changes between brightness and day/night both so that it moves from 100% day gradually to around 20-30% day and then over to night colours with a bit more brightess and from there over to 0% brightness with night colours. All depending on the light amount that it sees with the sensor.

That gradual change is what I was looking to get back when I created this topic.

Ok, thanx for the rest of the story. You can do a gradual increase or decrease with Command & Contol.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:35 am

Got time to test a bit more. Took the latest Go series navcore available on this forums with the SE mod and tried x20, x30 and x50 on it. x50 didn't have the automatic brightness change according to light amount from the light sensor, only by the time. x20 and x30 crashed when entering the menu and were missing all icons.
9.053 + Mireille Edition 2.0.0 pre3 -> partly missing and partly swapped up icons in the menu, looks of the old UI, ditched this combination.
9.053 + Mireille Edition 1.0.0 pre6 -> all icons in place, new UI, brightness (and day/night colour) is being changed according to data from light sensor.

By Command & Control you mean voice control?
Mikk36 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 am

Mikk36 wrote:Got time to test a bit more. Took the latest Go series navcore available on this forums with the SE mod and tried x20, x30 and x50 on it.
1. x50 didn't have the automatic brightness change according to light amount from the light sensor, only by the time. x20 and x30 crashed when entering the menu and were missing all icons.
9.053 + Mireille Edition 2.0.0 pre3 -> partly missing and partly swapped up icons in the menu, looks of the old UI, ditched this combination.
9.053 + Mireille Edition 1.0.0 pre6 -> all icons in place, new UI, brightness (and day/night colour) is being changed according to data from light sensor.

2. By Command & Control you mean voice control?

1. As I said it would.
2. Main Menu, Change preferences, Command & Control.

I don't use Mireille.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 am

Ok, so are there any other ways to enable the brightness change form light sensor other than using Mireille Edition? Last time I tried a v9 navcore, which worked in x20 and x30 modes, that was not available.
Mikk36 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:30 am

Mikk36 wrote:Ok, so are there any other ways to enable the brightness change form light sensor other than using Mireille Edition? Last time I tried a v9 navcore, which worked in x20 and x30 modes, that was not available.

I have tested 90% of the SE 9.XXX navcores in x40 & x50 emu on a 720. Auto Day/Night & Brightness hasn't functioned at all with any of them in x40. Auto Day/Night & Brightness has functioned, based on time only, not the Light Sensor, with all of them.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Mikk36 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:16 am

tendriver wrote:1cp9.069.00
Actually I was rather looking for the /proc/barcelona/modelid value.
Would You happen to know that?
Mikk36 offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom