Customize the menu's by altering Navcore   

Customize the menu's by altering Navcore

Postby mpdaws » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:56 am

Hi All

I've been lurking here for a while trying to soak up some knowledge. It a great community with some very generous contributors. So far its been going well, but I've got one last thing that I want to achieve.

My only complaint with my go730 is that it takes far too many screen taps to clear the route. I'm currently using 9.051 from bmwdriver and that works very well. I've tried other navcores published on this site that have different menu designs and different route summary pages. I'd like to take some features from some of these other navcores to get the menus and route summary page just the way I like in 9.051.

My question here is where can I find some info on how to alter these parts of navcore myself?

I've already managed to extract the contents of ttsystem on a linux system, but can't see anything there that jumps out at me. Am I looking in the right place?

Thank you all for your contributions!!!
mpdaws offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 am

You can't make the changes the way you want.
For most using a custom menu file (tomtom.mnu) is the easiest was to get the menu the way they like.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 pm

mpdaws wrote:1. My only complaint with my go730 is that it takes far too many screen taps to clear the route. I'm currently using 9.051 from bmwdriver and that works very well.
2. I've tried other navcores published on this site that have different menu designs and different route summary pages.
3.I'd like to take some features from some of these other navcores to get the menus and route summary page just the way I like in 9.051.

1. There is only 1 tap, if you use "Command & Control", aka Voice Command.
2. Changing the emu will give you different menu designs and different route summary pages.
3. What changes do you wish to make to get the menus and route summary page just the way you like in 9.051?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby mpdaws » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you both for your support .

I've had a play with the tomtom.mnu file and couldn't get any current info about customising it in recent navcores. All I could find was info about navcore 5. When I tried that it didn't matter what I did, it just gave me a voice command and control menu and nothing else. If there is some more comprehensive info about it somewhere I'd like to see it.

I should have explained myself better earlier. 9.051 functions very well, has the nice x50 menu appearance and it has all of the functions available. I prefer the menu structure and the route summary that I've got on version 8.562 on a one xl. The problem with 8.562 is that bluetooth, voice control and few other features are not included.

I'll have a closer look at the command and control. I must admit that I haven't looked that closely at it.

I didn't realise that the enumeration file had an effect on the route summary page.

Should I be looking at editing a different file and leave ttsystem as it is.

Thanks again!
mpdaws offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 am

mpdaws wrote:I prefer the menu structure and the route summary that I've got on version 8.562 on a one xl.

What is so special about the menu structure and the route summary?

What emu is 8.562 set for?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom