Closed thread for loading tomtom 7 onto Binatone   

Closed thread for loading tomtom 7 onto Binatone

Postby Pader » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:40 am

First of all, Hi to everyone.

I have been reading the instructions post by Fatboyfun concerning the installation of tomtom 7 on a Binatone unfortunately, the thread appears to be closed and the link is now dead unless Fatboyfun is keen to show his wedding snaps to everyone:mail1:

The originating thread refers to Binatone X430 and Z430 units but I have a B430 running CE5. I have managed in the past to load TT6 although it worked for a time then crashed (wiping the SD card at the same time) and I am not having much luck in reloading it as it gets as far as the TT splash screen then fails to load the prog.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could provide me with information and links for loading a later version.
Pader offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:00 am

Herr is a mirror...

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Pader » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:Herr is a mirror...

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Thank you for sending that file. Unfortunately, the program will not run due to it being too large for memory. I have checked the spec for the B430 and it reports that there is 64MB of SDRAM and the total size of the Navigator Program on the card is only 16.3MB. I do not understand why I get an insufficient memory error as I was under the impression that the map was a look-up item and not loaded into memory. In any case, it is the same map as I used in the previous version on the same size SD card. can you shed any light on it?
Pader offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 pm

On a Windows CE 6 device you will get constant not enough memory errors, On a CE 5 device you will get one at first satellite lock and after a new map is installed, It may also be the memory division is set incorrectly.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Pader » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 am

Unfortunately, I do not get as far as a satellite search. It hangs on the opening splash screen
Pader offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:15 am

This could be the memory division, can you get to the Windows CE control panel and move the memory division slider to the left
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom