Carminat tomtom bricked ?   

Re: Carminat tomtom bricked ?

Postby gaga24 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:43 am

Sorry to hear this. In my case, car did not lost temp and clock information, so i will try to correst VIN number.
gaga24 offline

Postby NojTorrent » Thu May 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi folks,

A friend of mine from Renault engineering used his in house tool ("DDT2000") to check my NAV unit configuration. My first diagnosis was correct : the SDCard from the Scenic somehow managed to overwrite the NAV configuration (according to the multimedia dept, this is technicaly not possible...). So in a few mouse clics, we switched from a Scenic configuration :
- wrong VIN (though this is not critical if the VIN number is not correct as long as the unit has been initialized once)
- Radio2 configuration
- wired remote
- no temp display
- no radio display

back to the original Clio configuration :
- correct VIN
- Radio1
- no wired remote
- temp and radio display.

A reboot and everything is working fine as before. Authorized Renault dealers have a diag tool called "CLIP", and I think they should be able to configure the NAV unit the same way (though my dealer told me to change the unit... :thumbdown: )
NojTorrent offline

Postby Pang1982 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:51 am

NojTorrent wrote:Hi folks,

A friend of mine from Renault engineering used his in house tool ("DDT2000") to check my NAV unit configuration. My first diagnosis was correct : the SDCard from the Scenic somehow managed to overwrite the NAV configuration (according to the multimedia dept, this is technicaly not possible...). So in a few mouse clics, we switched from a Scenic configuration :
- wrong VIN (though this is not critical if the VIN number is not correct as long as the unit has been initialized once)
- Radio2 configuration
- wired remote
- no temp display
- no radio display

back to the original Clio configuration :
- correct VIN
- Radio1
- no wired remote
- temp and radio display.

A reboot and everything is working fine as before. Authorized Renault dealers have a diag tool called "CLIP", and I think they should be able to configure the NAV unit the same way (though my dealer told me to change the unit... :thumbdown: )

Hi, I have the same problem... I tried everything, official dealers Reanult do not know what to do...

I have downloaded and installed DDT2000, can I ask you wich cable ODB2 is required for Clio III?

I tried with KKL VAG cable but there is no communication :022:

Thank you!
Pang1982 offline

Postby NojTorrent » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:47 am

New Renault USB-Diag cable can not be bought (manufactured under exclusive license), unless you go to black market and you will pay much more than a brand new Carminat...
NojTorrent offline

Postby smuchac » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:20 pm

5 years bump! :D
Can you please ask your frient to explain or give few more details or "step by step" procedure because i have DDT4ALL and almost the same problem as you had 5 years before me. My Grand Scenic won't react on remote buttons and ok SD card wont work,my rear camera also wont work. I messed up with Tomplayer wich works ok but when i eject tomplayer sd card and insert untouched navigation sd card with 8843 navcore wich worked perfectly until tomplayer i have that issues as i said...

Poslano sa mog Mi A1 koristeći Tapatalk
smuchac offline

Postby Cliojgtn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:11 pm

Hello,

I have a similar problem on my clio 3 . In my case the remote works fine but i have no radio informations display and no temp . I had this problem since i used tomplayer ( with an other SD ofc and which works perfectly). Can you help me plz i m looking to solve this problem since 6 months and still don't have anything .

Thank you a lot .
Cliojgtn offline

Postby D_Saint » Sat May 28, 2022 10:25 am

Hi.

Same problem here.
Can someone give a solution for this?
I have ddt4all and PyrEN with adapted ELM.
Is it safe do a "hard reset" ?
Thank you all for help you can provide.
D_Saint offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about TomTom