Topic locked

SD CARD is Blank

Sat May 07, 2011 7:06 pm

I am sorry if this as been asked and solved (which it may have been), i have looked on the net for the files but couldn't find them. I didn't have too much time left to search this forum as i must go to work. So SORRY.!
My TT1, kept getting stuck at preferences and as soon as i got to "set the time" it would restart. I corrupted the sd card and tried to reset the device (no avail) so i formatted.
Can anyone please post a link to a back up zip file for me as i couldn't find one (i have looked), I've looked at some tutorials but although i'm ok with pc's...etc, I'm new to navigation systems.
The MODEL is
tomtom One.
4n00.0024.2
fcc id S4LONE-ED
IC : 5767A-ONEED.

My pc does not recognise the device neither does TT home.
hope someone can point me in the correct direction. Thankyou

Sun May 08, 2011 12:42 am

Formatting a flash memory with Windows is not recommended.
Without the device being recognised by your PC you won't be able to install anything.
Connect the TT to the PC, press the reset button and start the TT- it now should connect to the PC directly.
Update with Home to the latest offical Navcore and report back.

Thu May 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanx for the Reply, Downunder35m.
I've managed to copy a sd card from a friends TT1, it now works but i haven't activated it yet as i don't know if it will make is Sat-Nav not recognised.
I think a little research needs to be done to see how they work. I have a device code.
I have the time now to look into the situation. I'm pretty good with computers so i think i will manage.

Thu May 12, 2011 2:55 pm

If you use a copy from an identical device all you need is to copy FastActivate (look in the map thread!) in the root of the TT, after you started it once to get the error in regards to the map, and click the first 2 buttons.

Thu May 12, 2011 3:05 pm

ok, i had already downloaded F'Activate, and placed in the root folder and started the .exe. It seemed to work and i pressed the "update meta.txt" but when i start the satnav, i still have activate issue..?

don't understand what you mean by "first 2 buttons"

No, i've followed a tutorial on fastactivate premium,
i placed fastactivaye.exe in E:/ (Root)
and ran meta.txt, maps&voices, plus tt/navcore patch.
when i turned device back on it still asks for activation code..?
what am i doing wrong..?
i seen it say somewere that some maps and navcores are not compatable...! maybe as it was from a different device this could be the issue..?

Thu May 12, 2011 11:48 pm

akitta wrote:ok, i had already downloaded F'Activate, and placed in the root folder and started the .exe. It seemed to work and i pressed the "update meta.txt" but when i start the satnav, i still have activate issue..?

don't understand what you mean by "first 2 buttons"

No, i've followed a tutorial on fastactivate premium,
i placed fastactivaye.exe in E:/ (Root)
and ran meta.txt, maps&voices, plus tt/navcore patch.
when i turned device back on it still asks for activation code..?
what am i doing wrong..?
i seen it say somewere that some maps and navcores are not compatable...! maybe as it was from a different device this could be the issue..?

1) Open the map folder. Delete the .dct files
2) Run FastActivate.exe from the root of the device
3) Click on Update meta.txt and wait for it to complete the update
4) Click on Maps/Voices/Speedcams to activate your map and wait till it's done
5) Then click on ttsystem/PNDNavigator to patch your navcore

Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 pm

there is no .dct file in there, (theres no .meta file either).
i'm going to find out what the maps are and the navcore and see whats going wrong.
And when i've downloaded a map pack wich contains all the .dct ...etc files it doesn't register the maps at all on the TT.

Fri May 13, 2011 8:02 pm

lemoni wrote:1) Open the map folder. Delete the .dct files
2) Run FastActivate.exe from the root of the device
3) Click on Update meta.txt and wait for it to complete the update
4) Click on Maps/Voices/Speedcams to activate your map and wait till it's done
5) Then click on ttsystem/PNDNavigator to patch your navcore

akitta wrote:1. there is no .dct file in there, (theres no .meta file either).
2. i'm going to find out what the maps are and the navcore and see whats going wrong.
3. And when i've downloaded a map pack wich contains all the .dct ...etc files it doesn't register the maps at all on the TT.

1. No .meta.dct file in the map folder = the map is not patched.
2. GREAT IDEA!!
3. NO downloaded map pack contains ANY .dct files. The .meta.dct file is device specific & is created when the map is patched.

Fri May 13, 2011 8:33 pm

How come fastactivate is not patching the maps..?
I have used AutoInstall for the navcore and i have 8.412.1236, I'm going to get a map that should work with this navcore and retry..! thanks...!!

Fri May 13, 2011 8:44 pm

akitta wrote:
1. The map folder i copied from another device has no .dct files or a .meta file in there.
2. I have downloaded a map with those files but the TT says "no maps found".
3. I'm going to try to insatall a new navcore...etc

1. EVERY map has a .meta file in it's folder, unless it has been removed by someone.
2. "No maps found" indicates that the map is not compatible with the navcore.
3. Good luck.

Fri May 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I have the sd-card here from the device i copied and the maps have no .meta file and it works in the TT it is for...? There is a .pna file, I think i can do it (i hope), i've found a map for the installed navcore.. And thanxs, i'll need it..!

tendriver thanx mate.. I HAVE DONE IT..!

Fri May 13, 2011 9:32 pm

akitta wrote:I have the sd-card here from the device i copied and the maps have no .meta file and it works in the TT it is for...? There is a .pna file, I think i can do it (i hope), i've found a map for the installed navcore.. And thanxs, i'll need it..!

At the top left of windows explorer, click Tools, Folder Options, View. Under "Files & Folders", scroll down to "Hide extentions for known file types". Uncheck it. Now you should see the referenced files.

Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 pm

tendriver wrote:At the top left of windows explorer, click Tools, Folder Options, View. Under "Files & Folders", scroll down to "Hide extentions for known file types". Uncheck it. Now you should see the referenced files.

Thanks for all the help. atleast i know how to do it now. Much appreiciated..!

Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 pm

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
Topic locked