cant get computer voice working   

cant get computer voice working

Postby nomad71 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:20 pm

tomtom go 520, I updated to truck map 895 and navcore 898 everything working great, except Kate and simon the computer voices are not working, I found out that they are not located in the voices, but in loquendo tts I deleted them and downloaded from here just kate, and still no voice, although she is in the menu, but no sound. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? how do I put more than 1 computer voice on and to get them working, I have looked on here to see if anynoe else has had this problem but I cannot see that they have. A step by step would be excellent if you could find the time:doh:
nomad71 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 am

nomad71 wrote:tomtom go 520, I updated to truck map 895 and navcore 898 everything working great,
1. except Kate and simon the computer voices are not working, I found out that they are not located in the voices, but in loquendo tts
2. I deleted them and downloaded from here just kate, and still no voice, although she is in the menu, but no sound.
3. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
4. how do I put more than 1 computer voice on and to get them working, I have looked on here to see if anynoe else has had this problem but I cannot see that they have. A step by step would be excellent if you could find the time:doh:

1. Are the LoquendoTTS 7 voices working on your OTHER 520?
2. WHY delete? Confirm you see a red icon with "Turn off Voice Guidance" in Main Menu, Change preferences. While you are in Change preferences, confirm that the Volume is turned up. Also can you select & test Kate in Voices, Change voice?
3. Maybe you should have asked for help, before you deleted kate & Simon.
4. We have the Computer Voices in the Voices Section for members with units that don't normally have Loquendo & TT Home won't add them. I use TT Home to add Loquendo 7 voices to my GO X20 & all files & folders get installed in the right places.

Your Loquendo folder should have a bin folder, a data folder, a lib folder, a default7.session file & a LicenseCode7.txt file. There may be a Kate-L7.tlv file in the voices folder.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby nomad71 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 pm

I have updated my go 520 to a go 740 live and the computer voices work on that fine. i went into the main menu selected voice preferences, and i see the following icons change voice, disable voice, speech preferences, record voice, disable recorded voice, and download voice, all the voices work ok except the computer voices, when I go into change voice kate and simon the computer voices are there, when I select test option there is no voice, and when I select for the computer voice and return back to the normal screen and press the bottom left corner of the screen to it will bring up the volume for the voice, i press it and again receive no sound, but if i go back into the voice preferences and select any voice other than computer voice, there is no problem. I checked in the "loquendo tts" voices and i see the files "default7 session" "licensecode7.txt" and the folders bin and data both containing files. do you want me to list them? there is no lib folder tho.:cray:
nomad71 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:06 am

nomad71 wrote:1. I have updated my go 520 to a go 740 live and the computer voices work on that fine.
2. i went into the main menu selected voice preferences, and i see the following icons change voice, disable voice, speech preferences, record voice, disable recorded voice, and download voice, all the voices work ok except the computer voices, when I go into change voice kate and simon the computer voices are there, when I select test option there is no voice, and when I select for the computer voice and return back to the normal screen and press the bottom left corner of the screen to it will bring up the volume for the voice, i press it and again receive no sound, but if i go back into the voice preferences and select any voice other than computer voice, there is no problem.
3. I checked in the "loquendo tts" voices and i see the files "default7 session" "licensecode7.txt" and the folders bin and data both containing files. do you want me to list them? there is no lib folder tho.:cray:

1. So there is no confusion, you are only emulating a GO 740.
2. In 1 you say, "the computer voices work on that fine". Here you say, "all the voices work ok except the computer voices". I know you have a pair of 520s, that I asked you, "Are the LoquendoTTS 7 voices working on your OTHER 520?" Are you confirming YES for ONE & NO for the OTHER?
3. Download the attached lib.rar. unzip it & copy the lib folder into the LoquendoTTS folder. Disconnect, reboot & test the Loquendo voices.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby guldur » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:41 pm

I have a tomtom xl canada 310, on navcore 9.430. Everything works fine except the computer voices. I have all files in the loquendo folder, still can get no sound. When I go into config, I can select different voices but once I press test there is no sound.

When I run FA, it will not show any voices in the patch, so I am not sure if voices should get patched and thats the issue.
guldur offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:18 pm

guldur wrote:I have a tomtom xl canada 310, on navcore 9.430. Everything works fine except the computer voices.
1. I have all files in the loquendo folder, still can get no sound. When I go into config, I can select different voices but once I press test there is no sound.
2. When I run FA, it will not show any voices in the patch, so I am not sure if voices should get patched and thats the issue.

1. All files in the loquendo folder includes a bin folder, a data folder, a lib folder, a default7.session file & a LicenseCode7.txt file?
2. Computer voices don't require patching.

On the bottom of the device case there is a serial # made up of 12 numbers & letters. What is that number?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby guldur » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

tendriver wrote:1. All files in the loquendo folder includes a bin folder, a data folder, a lib folder, a default7.session file & a LicenseCode7.txt file?
2. Computer voices don't require patching.

On the bottom of the device case there is a serial # made up of 12 numbers & letters. What is that number?

All files are in there.

Serial is GJ5360G03971

May I add that the voices used to work fine before upgrading the navcore. With the update, all functions work just fine but the computer voice.
guldur offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:28 pm

guldur wrote:1. All files are in there.

2. Serial is GJ5360G03971

3. May I add that the voices used to work fine before upgrading the navcore. With the update, all functions work just fine but the computer voice.

1. OK
2. Thanx.
3. Did you upgrade to 9.430, or did TT Home upgrade it for you?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby guldur » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm

I upgraded with a clean install, deleted everything and threw the new file in there.
guldur offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:10 am

guldur wrote:I upgraded with a clean install, deleted everything and threw the new file in there.

This way was a BIG MISTAKE!!! I hope you made a back up first!!!!! I was 99% sure you had done it yourself. If you had let TT Home do the upgrade or done it yourself by copying 9.430 over the installed navcore, overwriting any common files, you would not be having a problem with the computer voices!! You should be able to download them with TT Home.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby guldur » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks for your amazing patience so far in helping me.

So, I cleared everything, put my backup in again and the voices worked just fine. Threw in the files for 9.430 overwriting any needed files, and the voices are gone.:think:

TThome will not prompt any navcore updates, so I don´t know any other way of doing it.
guldur offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 am

guldur wrote:1. Thanks for your amazing patience so far in helping me.

2. So, I cleared everything, put my backup in again and the voices worked just fine. Threw in the files for 9.430 overwriting any needed files, and the voices are gone.:think:

3. TThome will not prompt any navcore updates, so I don´t know any other way of doing it.

1. You are Welcome.
2. What version navcore is your backup? Where exactly did you get the 9.430 that you are using.
3. If you have an old version of TT Home, this is true. For the last several versions, if your device doesn't have the current official navcore for it in stalled, when you log in to TT Home, it will do a navcore forced installation. The only way to stop it is not run the "Update my device" feature.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom