Cannot use this map on this device   

Cannot use this map on this device

Postby mrhermano » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:43 am

Hey I'm new on this forum and I just tried to install Scandinavia 885.4009 map on my tomtom xl device. But after patching it my gps says you cannot use this map on this device, but I know that's the map that fits my device.

Any advice how I can solve this problem, please don't write to technical because I'm knew to this. Thanks for your help!
mrhermano offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 am

mrhermano wrote:Hey I'm new on this forum and I just tried to install Scandinavia 885.4009 map on my tomtom xl device. But after patching it my gps says you cannot use this map on this device, but I know that's the map that fits my device.

Any advice how I can solve this problem, please don't write to technical because I'm knew to this. Thanks for your help!

1. Confirm that the map is patched by checking for a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
2. Confirm that your Navcore is 8.2XX or higher & it has been patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby mrhermano » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks so much! I have been struggling with this for so long. I think there was something wrong with my navcore. Weird how easy things are when you know how to do it.

BTW Do you know where I can find posts about the different navcores? Which one is the best for my model, advantages and disadvantages?
mrhermano offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom