Can't update tomtom   

Can't update tomtom

Postby devorlask » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:34 pm

A friend asked me to look at his TomTom because he tried to update the maps and now when he turns it on it says no maps.

So I installed the tomtom home but no matter what I do there I get an error.

The tomtom is one xl I believe, connected to my pc and I clicked yes when it asked on the tomtom if I want it to connect. Confirmed it is connected as I can see the tomtom folder in mycpmputer + the screen graphic on the tomtom

When I go to tomtom home, if I click add maps I get:

ERROR: 2152398862/#[Please Register or Login to download file] Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Severity: 1103
Stack:
0. chrome//tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome//tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome//tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 18:31:57 GMT

---

If I click login and enter the e-mail add and hit I've forgotten my password I get:

ERROR: 2152398862/#[Please Register or Login to download file] Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome//tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome//tthome/content/logic/comm.js:392
this.cancelException = NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(this.request.channel.status, this.url.spec);
2. chrome//tthome/content/logic/comm.js:278
this.request.onerror = function() { me._done(false); }

Time: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 18:34:02 GMT

---

If anyone can help that would be great!

Thanks

Rob
devorlask offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:05 pm

devorlask wrote:1. A friend asked me to look at his TomTom because he tried to update the maps and now when he turns it on it says no maps
2. So I installed the tomtom home but no matter what I do there I get an error. If I click login and enter the e-mail add and hit I've forgotten my password I get:
3. The tomtom is one xl I believe, connected to my pc and I clicked yes when it asked on the tomtom if I want it to connect. Confirmed it is connected as I can see the tomtom folder in mycpmputer + the screen graphic on the tomtom When I go to tomtom home, if I click add maps I get:

1. This usually means that the navcore is not patched, or a incompatabile navcore & map setup.
2. Log in is device specific. You must use your friend's exact same email address & password. BTW, we never use TT home for navcore & map updates.
3. Go here: TomTom Current Config for newbies Read the instructions carefully. Download & run this app. Please post the results here.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom