Can my old Navigo V2 use Lane Guidance   

Can my old Navigo V2 use Lane Guidance

Postby manateemike » Thu May 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Good evening and thank you for such a wealth of information. I've spent the last few days reading so much, trying to answer the following the above question but i seem to have got myself all tied up.

What i have learnt so far is Lane Guidance is a map feature not a hardware feature. Now here comes my confusion....Am i right in thinking although it is a map feature the TT version 7.310 im running on my Navigo will not have a compatible map that has Lane Guidance (and will never because its a PDA version?).

If the above statement is true would it be better to run Igo Prime on my unit ? This seems to have what i want.

I have been looking at 2nd hand TT units and understand that if i purchase one of the older units i can then update it with different Navicores which will then be compatible with maps that have Lane Guidance.

Whilst looking on the auction site i noticed 7" Chinese units also seem to have features i am interested in, at a nice cheap price. However i am concerned that they may be poor build (software and hardware) and not up gradable in the future.

I like TT but have never used another system so i am not in a position to compare. I did read a thread posting from Downunder who thought people with the old Win units should maybe not think of TT first on their unit.

I suppose an easier way to put this is........Is it time to move on from my Navigo ?

Thank you in advance.
manateemike offline

Postby bangerdemon » Fri May 18, 2012 6:57 pm

I dont know what a navigo runs on (windows CE or Linux), but with regard to the 7" chinese units you are on about, I have a 5"version, and have upgraded from Primo 1.2 to Primo 2 without any problems. In fact, I have installed IGO 8, Primo 1.2 and Primo 2 on the 4GB flash memory, and have Sygic on an SDMMC card as well (as a truck driver, Ilike a change of "scenery" every now and again)!!!

Alan
bangerdemon offline

Postby manateemike » Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Thank you, i do a night trunk run to Coventry each night.

My Navigo runs Wince 5.

The reason for Lane Guidance is because im off to The Netherlands with the family and just wanted a bit more assistance.
manateemike offline

Postby manateemike » Fri May 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Found this from another thread from Fatboyfun,

When it comes to maps for the WinCE version of Tomtom just pick the smallest file size as the others contain extra features like IQ routes and ALG that only will work on actual Tomtom units, So it's just wasting space

Well that answers my question.
manateemike offline

Postby tendriver » Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 pm

manateemike wrote:When it comes to maps for the WinCE version of Tomtom just pick the smallest file size as the others contain extra features like IQ routes and ALG that only will work on actual Tomtom units, So it's just wasting space

Also IQ Routes & ALG require Navcore 8.2XX or higher.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bigbloke » Sat May 19, 2012 12:24 am

manateemike wrote:My Navigo runs Wince 5.

The reason for Lane Guidance is because im off to The Netherlands with the family and just wanted a bit more assistance.

Primo 2 should run well on that device.
bigbloke offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 am

Primo 2 offers similar lane assistance features to Tomtom
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby manateemike » Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Thank you for your replies, you're all stars.
manateemike offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom