ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9170
ApplicationVersion=734651.2
CurrentMap=North_America_2GB
CurrentMapVersion=870.3406

Map(s):
M:\USA_Canada_920_5241\

Storage:
Size 1912MB, Free 58MB

I downloaded USA Canada 950.48 automatic installer RARs and clicked on the exe file and set my drive that the GPS was connected to. The files extracted and copied but no DCT file was made and the map would not work. I previously deleted my old map folder and left everything else the same before running the installer. I thought the 950.48 might not have a meta code since one was not listed on the map page link so I then tried USA Canada 950.6492. The installer also did not create a DCT file. (I ran the installer to a folder on my computer due to size limitations of installing directly to the GPS. If sucessfull I could then delete the speech files and move it over.

My next step was to try to get Fastactivate to patch the map. I used WINRAR keep getting the message that the file is corrupt. I even tried an extraction to keep broken files. When I run the resulting Fastactivate as an administrator and get the message that it is not a valid win32 application.

I am stuck. Please help.
trailrider2 offline

Re: Can Not Install Map

Postby tendriver » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:43 am

trailrider2 wrote:I am stuck. Please help.

1. You are correct. NO USA & C 6548 meta.txt file has been posted.
2. Put a copy of FastActivate.exe & a copy of your ttgo.bif in the USA & C 6492 map folder. Run Option 2 to patch the map.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby trailrider2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:35 am

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I can't get a working FastActivate.exe. I downloaded from the link on this site. I used WINRAR and keep getting the message that the file is corrupt. I even tried a WINRAR extraction to keep broken files. When I run the resulting Fastactivate as an administrator and get the message that it is not a valid win32 application.

Is there some where I can get a working copy of FastActivate.exe (non RAR)?
trailrider2 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:28 pm

trailrider2 wrote:Is there some where I can get a working copy of FastActivate.exe (non RAR)?

[Please Register or Login to download file]
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby trailrider2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Thanks zip file worked and got map patched and installed.

Was the automatic installer supposed to patch the map without the use of Fastactivate? If so I am not sure why it did not work with USA Canada 950.6492

Much thanks for your support!
trailrider2 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom