Can Not Activate Maps In TomTom Navigator 7 on HTC HD2 Runni   

Can Not Activate Maps In TomTom Navigator 7 on HTC HD2 Runni

Postby RachaelMiller » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:01 am

We have been told by TomTom that we can longer purchase and activate legimate copies of their maps using TomTom Home as they no longer support smart phones other than the iPhone.

We currently run 45 HTC HD2 mobiles using TomTom Navigator 7.918(9193) and the Western_Europe_1Gb v885.4058 map. We have 20 HTC HD2 units which were to be used as spares over the next 12 months as we move on to the iPhone.

If I can not get TomTom up and running on the spare HTC units then we will have to bring forward our replacement program.

I have looked through the post on this site and NaviTotal.com and followed the instructions relating to activating the maps.

I have tried to use FastActivate to generate the activation codes. It sees the SD card and the map folder ("Western_Europe_1GB") and over writes the dct file in the folder but when I try and start TomTom it still comes up with the message "Maps Not Activated".

If anyone could help me with this issue I would be really grateful as having spent two full days on it so far I am getting no where fast. I have downloded other maps as suggested in various threads but before I try to install them I would love to know what I doing wrong or if I need to use a different Cab file to run these maps on the HTC HD2.

Fingers Crossed
Rachael
RachaelMiller offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:15 am

You are most likely using a legal copy of Tomtom, you will need to install a cracked copy.

It's best to uninstall the old legal version first.

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?2998-How-to-install-Tomtom-Navigator-7-on-Windows-Mobile-PDAs
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

How can you tell if a cab file is a cracked copy?

Postby RachaelMiller » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks for the reply, I have downloaded a cab file from usenet as I could not get the link ion the thread to work.

The file is TomTom Navigator 7.198(9183).cab and it is described as being suitable for the HTC HD2.

Are there any other suitable cab files available and if so from where can they be downloaded?

Thanks for your help.

Rachael
RachaelMiller offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:34 am

If the one you have is "cracked" then that's all you need.

Uninstall the original then install the cracked version, run it so the .bif files are generated, then copy your map to the device and run the latest version of fastactivate to create the licence.

Don't forget to set the devices to mass storage mode if you are not using a card reader.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 pm

RachaelMiller wrote:Thanks for the reply, I have downloaded a cab file from usenet as I could not get the link ion the thread to work.

In order provide our members with the best possible quality control, Navitotal does not offer support for downloads from other sites.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom