Can't get FastActivate to patch maps.   

Can't get FastActivate to patch maps.

Postby myktaylor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:34 am

Hello all

I have read a lot of the tutorials and posts here to try and update my old TomTom one xl to the latest maps etc. but I am struggling a bit (I have done this successfully before but a long time ago so I am a bit of a 'born again noob' i'm afraid).
I have loaded the voices and Navcore (9510 for xl) using the installer and hopefully that is all ok. I have added the maps (USA south atlantic 1030_9520) and FastActivate to the root of the SD card but I keep getting a .dct error when I try to patch the maps. I have checked the meta codes and there appears to one available and I have even put the code in a .txt file in the root of the SD card too but I still get the .dct error.
Is there something i'm missing? What part of the meta code do you place in the .txt file (I've tried all of it, just the numbers and all of it up to and including the .meta part but nothing seems to help).
It's now gone 1:30 am and i'm struggling to focus :015:
Thank you.
myktaylor offline

Re: Can't get FastActivate to patch maps.

Postby pe1agp » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:06 am

This is the right meta for your map
73 C9 6B 05 96 E9 60 98 3E 35 43 58 15 69 C9 40 US_South_Atlantic-101948.meta; US South Atlantic 1030_9520

But you need only
73 C9 6B 05 96 E9 60 98 3E 35 43 58 15 69 C9 40 US_South_Atlantic-101948.meta

Are you sure your map is in the root of either the internal or external memory
Be aware that the map is not in a sub folder

In the most worse case send me your ttgo.bif file, I'll try to generate the dct code for you
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby myktaylor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 am

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly sure I was doing everything right but it was quite late and i was tired. I'll have another look later (when I'm not at work) and let you know the outcome.
Does the meta have to be saved to the root or should the FastActivate have it pre loaded?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
myktaylor offline

Postby fredderf » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:50 pm

You're over-thinking it...FastActivate has all of the latest meta codes already built into it if you download a fresh copy

So download the latest FastActivate from the following link > extract FastActivate.exe to the root of your device > run it and select option 2

topic19452.html
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby myktaylor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Hello again, thanks for your help. I have decided to start again from a freshly formatted SD card. This is what I have done. Please tell me if I have done something wrong.

1. After formatting the SD card to FAT, I extracted my chosen voice .cab file directly to the SD card root folder.
2. I then used the Navcore installer to install the '9.510 for XL series' Navcore to SD root.
3. I restarted the TomTom to generate the ttgo.bif file (which showed the 'No maps found' screen).
4. I extracted the recently downloaded USA_South_Atlantic_1030_9520.rar folder directly to SD root.
5. I extracted the latest fastactivate.rar directly to SD root (thank you fredderf), ran the program and selected option 2 for map patch.
I get the following error.

Voice(s):
Complete Map(s):
Incomplete map(s):
USA_South_Atlantic-101948.meta => .dct ERROR
Fuel prices:
Speed Cameras:

I'm sure I must be missing something, any clues?
myktaylor offline

Postby holyhead » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 pm

myktaylor wrote:Hello again, thanks for your help. I have decided to start again from a freshly formatted SD card. This is what I have done. Please tell me if I have done something wrong.

1. After formatting the SD card to FAT, I extracted my chosen voice .cab file directly to the SD card root folder.
2. I then used the Navcore installer to install the '9.510 for XL series' Navcore to SD root.
3. I restarted the TomTom to generate the ttgo.bif file (which showed the 'No maps found' screen).
4. I extracted the recently downloaded USA_South_Atlantic_1030_9520.rar folder directly to SD root.
5. I extracted the latest fastactivate.rar directly to SD root (thank you fredderf), ran the program and selected option 2 for map patch.

Voice(s):
Complete Map(s):
Incomplete map(s):
Fuel prices:
Speed Cameras:

You use the wrong map

USA_South_Atlantic_1030_9520 no metacode availble

US South Atlantic 1030_9520 metacode availble
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby myktaylor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:31 pm

holyhead wrote:
myktaylor wrote:Hello again, thanks for your help. I have decided to start again from a freshly formatted SD card. This is what I have done. Please tell me if I have done something wrong.

Voice(s):
Complete Map(s):
Incomplete map(s):
Fuel prices:
Speed Cameras:

You use the wrong map

USA_South_Atlantic_1030_9520 no metacode availble

US South Atlantic 1030_9520 metacode availble

The link I clicked to download the map said "USA South Atlantic 1030 9520" but the extracted folder was labelled USA_South_Atlantic_1030_9520. The meta is listed in the meta data table as pe1agp posted above, is this not correct?
myktaylor offline

Postby holyhead » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:37 pm

It said US and not USA
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby myktaylor » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:51 pm

holyhead wrote:It said US and not USA

Thank you Holyhead, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Even after your initial post the only difference I saw in the map names was the underscores, I was completely overlooking the USA/US thing. The only problem now is USA S. Atlantic maps are available but there's no meta code and US S. Atlantic maps has meta code but I can't see the map for download. So I spent most of last night downloading United_states_1030_9562 instead (in 3 parts) so hopefully I'll get that working later (fingers crossed), it doesn't have the Cspeech and CSR but it has everything else. Hopefully there's life in the old One XL yet and it'll be ready for the fly/drive!
Thanks to all who helped. :023:
myktaylor offline

Postby fredderf » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:51 pm

myktaylor wrote:US S. Atlantic maps has meta code but I can't see the map for download.

I've uploaded it for you here:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby myktaylor » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:20 pm

fredderf wrote:
myktaylor wrote:US S. Atlantic maps has meta code but I can't see the map for download.

I've uploaded it for you here:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

You guys are awesome, thanks. And the download is only going to take 20 minutes instead of 2 ½ hours! I had just come back to extract the second part of the map and realised the SD card wasn't gonna be big enough, so I thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow when I could get a bigger one! Time to re-format and start again, thank you. (in 15 more minutes :024: )

:thread_solved:
myktaylor offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom