Can an Alternative route be saved   

Can an Alternative route be saved

Postby naviboy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:10 pm

I am planning a trip to a destination using a post code, but I prefer to use an alternative route to this post code.

Then in the future, use this map again from my saved favorites with the alternative route.

I have tried this once before with another destination, but when I used it from in my favorites. TT writes the route to the destination, but directly and not my alternative route.

Is there anyway whichever route I choose to save, that it is saved with the alternative route as chosen in my favorites.
TomTom One XL - 5.5128 BL - 9.541 SE NC - UK + ROI 1105_11755 & Canada-Alaska_1085_11364- 4GB SD Card
naviboy offline

Re: Can an Alternative route be saved

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:05 am

naviboy wrote:I am planning a trip to a destination using a post code, but I prefer to use an alternative route to this post code.

You are letting your device build the initial route, then you are manually building a preferred alternate route?? If this is correct, may I ask WHY??
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby naviboy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:13 am

Because the route TT plans is through narrow country lanes to my destination, where my preferred route is slightly different and not through the narrow lanes.
TomTom One XL - 5.5128 BL - 9.541 SE NC - UK + ROI 1105_11755 & Canada-Alaska_1085_11364- 4GB SD Card
naviboy offline

Postby Shaman » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:42 am

In your main menu, you have the option Itinerary planning?

If yes, press this button
Press add
Look for a point in your "alternative" route (address, POI, Point on Map, ....)
Click Done.
Your point wil show as destination
Click on it an mark it as waypoint
Do this as many times as neccesary to make your whole alternative route.
Mark your last entry as destination
Click options
Click " save Itinerary" Name it as you like.

Next time you need this route, go to Itinerary planning - option- load Itinerary

Good luck and save driving :023:
Shaman offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:30 pm

naviboy wrote:Because the route TT plans is through narrow country lanes to my destination, where my preferred route is slightly different and not through the narrow lanes.

OK, then why bother having TT plan a route at all, if you are not gonna use it? Why not just build your preferred alternate route & be done with it??
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby naviboy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:38 pm

OK,

The particular route TT planned from M5 Bristol to Combe Hill, Gloucestershire will take you across country via J11 M5 using narrow lanes etc. :wallbash:

Yet Google, leaves at J11a, A417, A40 and A38 to Combe Hill. This using Dual carriageways and major A class road, all straight forward with no turning left then right then left down B class type roads etc :smilie_g_005:

Thats why........... No doubt you and others have found some routes better than what TT has planned as first option.
naviboy offline

Postby holyhead » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Can you not make a route with Google save it as itn file and imported in TomTom.
My route app is a handsome tool for it.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:58 pm

naviboy wrote:The particular route TT planned from M5 Bristol to Combe Hill, Gloucestershire will take you across country via J11 M5 using narrow lanes etc.

Have you got the route Planning Preferences filters set like you want them? Have you considered blocking/closing the narrow lanes, so your TT will have to avoid including them in the route?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom