Bricked TT One v4   

Bricked TT One v4

Postby 4oh4error » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:43 pm

First and foremost, I'd like to say hi. I'm digging the site! I love tweaking and modding pretty much everything I own, and so I hope to be able to utilize these forums for my TT modding mayhem for a long time to come. (Should I be able to get my TT functioning again.)

So, in regards to my TT. I was given my friend's old TT since he could no longer use it. Everytime it would start up, it would eventually go to a screen that would say "Maps not found" It had absolutely no functionality. It would turn on, show a picture of a half naked chick, and then display "maps not found."

So, I went to a torrent site to look for maps, since I really didn't want to take a risk of paying $50 for a map of the U.S. and still have a bricked TT. Once downloaded, I followed the steps included. I reformatted the device to FAT and allowed HOME to do it's thing. Now, whenever I unplug it, it will just keep rebooting constantly. Black TT boot screen, it will flash the orange screen for a split second, and reboot. It will literally do it for hours. So I tried it a few more times, to no avail.

THEN, I found this forum, and tried something I read somewhere. I reformatted the device, dropped the Maps folder into the root directory, added the correct Navcore (8.010) and attempted to start it. the device REFUSES to boot up all of the way. It never prompts me for anything, It has no functionality whatsoever. It just sits there, restarting itself allllll daaaay. I have yet to try and patch any of the files, since it won't do any good anyways, if the firmware on the device isn't even working properly.

When connected to Home v2, it will not allow me to control my device, or talk to it. It will act like it's loading the updated navcore and voices after I reformat it, but after that, it's useless. The device never restarts after I load the navcore/software via Home, and it never asks "do you want to connect to your computer?"

I'm lost. Anyone have any solutions?
4oh4error offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 pm

4oh4error wrote:First and foremost, I'd like to say hi. I'm digging the site! I love tweaking and modding pretty much everything I own, and so I hope to be able to utilize these forums for my TT modding mayhem for a long time to come. (Should I be able to get my TT functioning again.)

1. So, in regards to my TT. I was given my friend's old TT since he could no longer use it. Everytime it would start up, it would eventually go to a screen that would say "Maps not found" It had absolutely no functionality. It would turn on, show a picture of a half naked chick, and then display "maps not found."

2. So, I went to a torrent site to look for maps, since I really didn't want to take a risk of paying $50 for a map of the U.S. and still have a bricked TT. Once downloaded, I followed the steps included. I reformatted the device to FAT and allowed HOME to do it's thing. Now, whenever I unplug it, it will just keep rebooting constantly. Black TT boot screen, it will flash the orange screen for a split second, and reboot. It will literally do it for hours. So I tried it a few more times, to no avail.

3. THEN, I found this forum, and tried something I read somewhere. I reformatted the device, dropped the Maps folder into the root directory, added the correct Navcore (8.010) and attempted to start it. the device REFUSES to boot up all of the way. It never prompts me for anything, It has no functionality whatsoever. It just sits there, restarting itself allllll daaaay. I have yet to try and patch any of the files, since it won't do any good anyways, if the firmware on the device isn't even working properly.

4. When connected to Home v2, it will not allow me to control my device, or talk to it. It will act like it's loading the updated navcore and voices after I reformat it, but after that, it's useless. The device never restarts after I load the navcore/software via Home, and it never asks "do you want to connect to your computer?"

I'm lost. Anyone have any solutions?

1. This is a perfect example of the navcore not being patched or navcore & map not being compatible.
2. Torrent site = BAD MOVE!! NEVER, NEVER reformat. Never try to update navcore or map using TT Home.
3. I repeat: NEVER, NEVER reformat. Is this the map from a torrent site?
4. See #2 & #3 above.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:51 am

Apart from the thing Tendriver said :
Before you attempt to anything on a device you know nothing about, you should not try to get files and info from a torrent site.
I'm sure finding us using Google was easier than finding the stuff on your torrent site ;)
I suggest you start by reading our tutorials and follow the proven instructions.
You said you installed a Navcore - but how and did you do it correctly ? ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby 4oh4error » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 pm

I've modded many an iPhone/iPod/Xbox/Old smart phones in the past, So I figured I could handle this one on my own using limited resources. I guess not!

I don't think the Navcore installed properly. After I formatted it, I allowed home to do it's thing. I assumed it was downloading and installing the navcore whenever it searched for "necessary software updates." Once it installed the updates, the device did not restart (The prompt said the TT would restart a couple of times, but it didn't, it just sat there with the orange "I'm plugged in" screen.) When I unplug it it just keeps perpetually restarting. It'll flash the black TT screen and then show the orange screen for a split second and restart.

I then decided to not use Home and do it manually by throwing the maps in the root folder followed by the Navcore by using this tut found here: [Please Register or Login to download file] (I'm sorry if it's against the rules to post links to other resources!) After I put the maps and navcore onto the device and try to start it up, it keeps restarting itself over and over again, as usual. I can't ever get past the stupid restarting.

Also: I downloaded "TomTom Maps of USA and Canada 825.2159 for TT ONE" off of the Torrent site. It came complete with the patching utilities needed. I was using Navcore 8.010.
4oh4error offline

Postby Hamish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Try deleting the file "mapsettings.cfg" in the map folder - connect to TTHome2, use Windows Explorer to delete the file from your device, disconnect (in TTHome2), remove from cradle, reboot your device then see what happens.
Hamish offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom