Topic locked

Blue screen with Current position:

Sat May 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Not had this before and cannot remedy it by trying various settings etc.

For some reason I have a blue screen with "Current position: (where ever I might be), satellite strength is shown on R/H of screen.

If I plan a route to a favourite destination, it shows itself planning that route and shows the overall route, time and distance. Then if "Done" is pressed the screen turns blue with "Current position:" and the detailed route planing at bottom L/H of screen keeps looping. Even I delete that route and just use the Map for general use without any routes planned, it still has the same screen.

Not sure if this not since downloading updates from TT Home for GPS Fix or something else.

Thanks

Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 pm

naviboy wrote:Not had this before and cannot remedy it by trying various settings etc.

For some reason I have a blue screen with "Current position: (where ever I might be), satellite strength is shown on R/H of screen.

If I plan a route to a favourite destination, it shows itself planning that route and shows the overall route, time and distance. Then if "Done" is pressed the screen turns blue with "Current position:" and the detailed route planing at bottom L/H of screen keeps looping. Even I delete that route and just use the Map for general use without any routes planned, it still has the same screen.

Not sure if this not since downloading updates from TT Home for GPS Fix or something else.

Thanks

Do you by chance have the Canada & Alaska map selected, & you are actually in Europe?

Sat May 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Makes no difference where I am or which map I use, Europe or Canada

thanks

Sun May 13, 2012 1:24 am

naviboy wrote:Makes no difference where I am or which map I use, Europe or Canada

Is your unit locking on to the satellites?
Have you done a 30 sec. hard reset?
Have you run TomTom Clear Flash Tool?

Sun May 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks,

Just read your reply, sorry. In the end I formatted the SD Card and re-installed everything back from the copy I had on my H/Drive.

All is OK now.

Thanks again

Sun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanx for the update.

THREAD_CLOSED
Topic locked