bif.bak.ori to work in tt home   

bif.bak.ori to work in tt home

Postby combat goofwing » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:51 pm

been a while since i have done one so could some one please remind me which files should read what ? to get tt home to work with error message
ttgo.bak i think should be original software number in the lines you change
ttgo.bif ?
ttgo.ori?

thanks for any help
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:17 pm

forget the above got that part sorted, but im trying to copy favorites from one map to another so when i go to opreate my XL via the pc to create a favorite and rewrite the mapsettings file it says no maps found even though device works fine and so do maps
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:00 am

combat goofwing wrote:1. forget the above got that part sorted,
2. but im trying to copy favorites from one map to another so when i go to opreate my XL via the pc to create a favorite and rewrite the mapsettings file
3. it says no maps found even though device works fine and so do maps

1. Even though you got it sorted, here are the instructions. Save them for the future.
To fix version error.
Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=XXXX
ApplicationVersion=XXXX
Save this change by clicking "File" in the upper left corner of windows explorer, then "Save as" ttgo.bak. Now there is only a ttgo.bak file in the root, no ttgo.bif.
Disconnect & reboot. Now you will have a ttgo.bak, a ttgo.bif & a ttgo.ori file in the root.

2. TIME OUT!!! Copy the mapsetting.cfg file from your old map to the new one. Reboot. If you don't have a continous rebooting issue, then you are done. You only need to rewrite the mapsetting.cfg file, if you have a rebooting problem after you transfer the mapsetting.cfg file from your old map to the new.

3. This indicates that TT Home needs to be patched. However, if it ran OK with the previous setup including bak/bif/ori files, now that you have created bak/bif/ori files for this setup & the bak lines 9 & 10 values are the same as the previous, "Operate my device" should function.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 am

having reboot issuese with the copied file as soon as i select navigate to it reboots, tt home is the lestest version and is patched ill try again
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:38 am

well still getting no maps found on tt home, so put the old map back on the device and tried that and it still showing no maps founds in operate device , yet it finds updates for the map when i first connect the device to TT

need to use the device via PC as i need to create a favorite to get all my favorite's over to the new map as just copying the file give boot problems, and as i have about 60 favorites i dont want to enter them all again
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 pm

combat goofwing wrote:having reboot issuese with the copied file as soon as i select navigate to it reboots, tt home is the lestest version and is patched ill try again

It would have been helpful if you had included this in post 1.

combat goofwing wrote:1. well still getting no maps found on tt home, so put the old map back on the device and tried that and it still showing no maps founds in operate device ,
2. yet it finds updates for the map when i first connect the device to TT

need to use the device via PC as i need to create a favorite to get all my favorite's over to the new map as just copying the file give boot problems, and as i have about 60 favorites i dont want to enter them all again

1. TT Home is not correctly patched. What are the values in lines 9 & 10 of your .bak file?
2. "Operate my device" has nothing to do with any of the other TT Home features.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 pm

heres lines 9 and 10 from the bak file
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369

using map 870.3406 uk and ROI

device is a XL and i check my back up of the device from last year and these were the valuse of line 9 and 10 in the original bif file before any updating was done
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:00 pm

[quote="combat goofwing"]heres lines 9 and 10 from the bak file
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369

Confirm these same values are in the .bif file

Go here:
With XP[/font]C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions[/font]
With Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions[/font]

Confim that you have a [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] folder in the extensions folder.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 pm

same values are in the bif file

that folder does exist in the location you posted, still no luck still says no maps found
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:49 pm

so i started again deleted all 3 tt go files and rebooted , renamed the new bif file to a bak and entered 8010/9369 in the values for lines 9 and 10 , only the bak file on the device. rebooted all 3 files bif/bak/ori now there bif and bak reading same values in line 9 and 10 ori reading the values for the navcore im running

still come up in use my device no map found
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm

combat goofwing wrote:so i started again deleted all 3 tt go files and rebooted , renamed the new bif file to a bak and entered 8010/9369 in the values for lines 9 and 10 , only the bak file on the device. rebooted all 3 files bif/bak/ori now there bif and bak reading same values in line 9 and 10 ori reading the values for the navcore im running

still come up in use my device no map found

Go here:
With XP[/font]C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensi ons[/font]
With Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx .default\extensions[/font]

Cut the [email protected] folder from the extensions folder & save it. Run "Operate my device", which should tell you it needs to download a file first. If so, accept the download, then re-patch TT Home.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 pm

did the above and still just the same , so i did a full backup, wiped the device and started again from scratch and its still the same
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:55 pm

just looking at the map a lot of the files in there seeem to be allocated to be opened with notepad could this stop tt home from seeing them...if so i do i remove notepad as the default opening for them
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 pm

combat goofwing wrote:did the above and still just the same , so i did a full backup, wiped the device and started again from scratch and its still the same

combat goofwing wrote:just looking at the map a lot of the files in there seeem to be allocated to be opened with notepad could this stop tt home from seeing them...if so i do i remove notepad as the default opening for them

You stated in an earlier post that the unit is functioning normally. This is not a unit issue. Remove the .bak & .ori files. Reboot to get a true ttgo.bif file & connect to your PC. If you get the version error message, close the message & attempt to run "operate my device".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:10 pm

thats sorted it as this is my own device i don't need the bak and ori files so dont know why i bothered with them in the first place would have saved me and more important you a load of hassle, so i can now operate the unit via the pc.So i take it i just copy my map settings file into map then add another favorite via the PC and it should re write the file to work

thanks again for all the help
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom