best navcore and map for TT V2?   

best navcore and map for TT V2?

Postby ninogui » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:21 am

hello people

I would like this advice.
Currently using navcore 7.903 and iberia map 860.3126 so I have a few questions please:

- I once tried a navcore v8.xxx but the TT became too slow to respond on guidance. Which would be the best and up to date navcore I could use without the unit becoming to sluggish?

- When I tried navcore 8.xxx I had a set of options which allowed me to disable voice guidance (to save battery) but still have a warning sound when approaching radars. is there a way to enable this on navcore 7.903?

- Is the iberia 860.3126 the most up to date and complete map as of today?

-On a sidenote, with night mode on, the lowest setting of brightness, sound off I am able to squeeze almost 3 hours of running battery in guidance, which I think is amazing for an old TT. In order to achieve that I do not charge it on the PC usb port (500mA) but directly on the mains with a mains to usb adapter but with 1000mA, and leave it on and charging for a few hours. So far so good.!

Also amazingly with navcore 7.903 on this old TT I am able to get the bluetooth pairing with mobile phone working and accessing online services (weather etc) that means the hardware is present!

thks in advance
ninogui offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 pm

ninogui wrote:hello people

I would like this advice.
Currently using navcore 7.903 and iberia map 860.3126 so I have a few questions please:

- I once tried a navcore v8.xxx but the TT became too slow to respond on guidance. Which would be the best and up to date navcore I could use without the unit becoming to sluggish?

- When I tried navcore 8.xxx I had a set of options which allowed me to disable voice guidance (to save battery) but still have a warning sound when approaching radars. is there a way to enable this on navcore 7.903?

- Is the iberia 860.3126 the most up to date and complete map as of today?

-On a sidenote, with night mode on, the lowest setting of brightness, sound off I am able to squeeze almost 3 hours of running battery in guidance, which I think is amazing for an old TT. In order to achieve that I do not charge it on the PC usb port (500mA) but directly on the mains with a mains to usb adapter but with 1000mA, and leave it on and charging for a few hours. So far so good.!

Also amazingly with navcore 7.903 on this old TT I am able to get the bluetooth pairing with mobile phone working and accessing online services (weather etc) that means the hardware is present!

thks in advance

Go here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read the instuctions carefully
Select: SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar

All 860 maps are the most up to date. The Iberia 3101 version is the most complete in the 860 edition.

tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ninogui » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:58 am

Hello

So I tried your recommendations, but I had a bit of trouble. I will list the steps I took on my TT V2 after a full sd card backup

first:
- navcore 7.903 and map iberia 860.3126 working ok, 6.5MB free RAM, bootcode 5.5022

second:
- installed SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices overwriting 7.903 and still using map iberia 860.3126
- just to make sure I ran ENG_FastActivate_02.12.2010_Premium_edition_v1.8
- booted ok, even kept the favorites with no apparent problem to mapsettings.cfg

third:
- deleted iberia.pna, iberia-264.meta and iberia-264.meta.dct and copied Iberia 860.3101 on top of 860.3126 overwriting when asked
- no boot! hanged on the logo when it turned brighter

fourth:
- deleted all the contents of iberia folder, copied Iberia 860.3101, used fast activate 1.8
- no boot!

fifth:
- deleted all contents of iberia folder, copied Iberia 860.3126 from the sd card backup
- no boot!

everytime I swapped the sd card I tried from cold start too (pressing the pin for a few secs)

sixth:
Finally I gave up, deleted the sd card and copied the backup I did previously. On booting it asked for the language (like it was the first time using which is not because of the full backup reinstalled) and when choosing the voice it hanged, rebooted by itself, passed the voice choice, hanged when asked for the tour, rebooted by itself and finally on the 3th attempt rebooted ok

This is strange behaviour!

Can you figure out
- what am I doing wrong, why can´t I make the navcore 8.412 work with iberia 860.3101?
- the second and the fifth produce the same content, but on the fifth no boot (makes no sense to me!), can´t understand?
- why on the sixth step it hanged and rebooted by itself advancing one more step before hanging again?

sorry for being so long and thourough but that was the events listing

thks in advance
ninogui offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:38 am

ninogui wrote:Hello

So I tried your recommendations, but I had a bit of trouble. I will list the steps I took on my TT V2 after a full sd card backup

first:
- navcore 7.903 and map iberia 860.3126 working ok, 6.5MB free RAM, bootcode 5.5022 OK

second:
- installed SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices overwriting 7.903 and still using map iberia 860.3126 OK
- just to make sure I ran ENG_FastActivate_02.12.2010_Premium_edition_v1.8 OK, if only used to patch map.
- booted ok, even kept the favorites with no apparent problem to mapsettings.cfg OK, normal results.

third:
- deleted iberia.pna, iberia-264.meta and iberia-264.meta.dct and copied Iberia 860.3101 on top of 860.3126 overwriting when asked Major mistake. What prompted you to do this?
- no boot! hanged on the logo when it turned brighter

fourth:
- deleted all the contents of iberia folder, copied Iberia 860.3101, used fast activate 1.8 Correct way: delete the entire map folder & copy in the entire new map folder.
- no boot!

fifth:
- deleted all contents of iberia folder, copied Iberia 860.3126 from the sd card backup Correct way; See fourth above
- no boot!

everytime I swapped the sd card I tried from cold start too (pressing the pin for a few secs)

sixth:
Finally I gave up, deleted the sd card and copied the backup I did previously. On booting it asked for the language (like it was the first time using which is not because of the full backup reinstalled) and when choosing the voice it hanged, rebooted by itself, passed the voice choice, hanged when asked for the tour, rebooted by itself and finally on the 3th attempt rebooted ok

This is strange behaviour! Not strange at all, considring the missteps taken.

Can you figure out
- what am I doing wrong, why can´t I make the navcore 8.412 work with iberia 860.3101?
- the second and the fifth produce the same content, but on the fifth no boot (makes no sense to me!), can´t understand?
- why on the sixth step it hanged and rebooted by itself advancing one more step before hanging again?

sorry for being so long and thourough but that was the events listing

thks in advance

As is the case most of the time, the member didn't follow directions and took more steps than the instructions called for.

Go here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read the instuctions carefully
Select: SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar

After navcore is installed remove old map folder & copy in new map folder. Run fastactivate to patch map.
Reboot. DONE!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ninogui » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:40 am

ok tendriver thks for the quick answer

Please don´t crucify me! lol

so in fact I shouldn´t have deleted the older iberia.pna, iberia-264.meta and iberia-264.meta.dct. My mistake but that´s how we learn, from trial and error

Will try again later, now I have to let TT show me the way for the christmas lunch! lol

have a nice christmas, thks
ninogui offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:18 pm

ninogui wrote:ok tendriver thks for the quick answer

Please don´t crucify me! lol

so in fact I shouldn´t have deleted the older iberia.pna, iberia-264.meta and iberia-264.meta.dct. My mistake but that´s how we learn, from trial and error

Will try again later, now I have to let TT show me the way for the christmas lunch! lol

have a nice christmas, thks

There is no need for "trial & error", when speciific instructions are given.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom