Backing up Renault Carminat sd Card   

Backing up Renault Carminat sd Card

Postby Ultimate » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:24 am

Have a problem when restoring from a backup onto another sd card for my 2010 Renault Scenic Tomtom Carminat,

Backed up, using "Tomtom Home" my original Tomtom sd card and restored to a Kingston 1gb sd card but when inserted into Tomtom it comes with "Problem With Map You Cannot Use This Map On This Device, United_Kingdom_and Republic_ of Ireland-114"

Press right hand icon on remote control it then comes up "Switching To "United_Kingdom_and Republic_ of Ireland-114"

but nothing happens just goes back to original screen.

Also tried different cards with same problem including a 4gb micro sdhc with adaptor, Kingston card is a sd card not sdhc.

Or is there another way backing up onto another sd card to work on my Carminat system

Any help appreciated.

Ultimate offline

Postby PiEtU » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Ultimate wrote:Have a problem when restoring from a backup onto another sd card for my 2010 Renault Scenic Tomtom Carminat,

maybe here is some help for you...
Carminat Tomtom FAQ
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Ultimate wrote:Have a problem when restoring from a backup onto another sd card for my 2010 Renault Scenic Tomtom Carminat, Backed up, using "Tomtom Home" my original Tomtom sd card and restored to a Kingston 1gb sd card but when inserted into Tomtom it comes with "Problem With Map You Cannot Use This Map On This Device, United_Kingdom_and Republic_ of Ireland-114"

NEVER backup using TT Home. ALWAYS backup with "copy & paste"!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 pm

And for the sake of copyright protection no SD card from one TT wil work in another without patching/activating.
Patching for the 9.844 (Carminat Live) is not possible at this stage.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Ultimate » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks for your replies, Pietu I did look thro your link before I posted my question but it looked more complicated than necessary to solve my problem.

tendriver I have tried a simple copy & paste with hidden folders enabled but still with the same result I have tried full format also fast format also used a 1gb Kingston sd card also a 4gb sdhc micro card with adaptor with the same result so am I missing something in the process also I am only using this backup on for my own use on my Carminat system. :scratch_one-s_head_
Ultimate offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm

You have to follow the instructions on how to patch and activate the Carminat Navcore - even if you think it is not necessary.
And again : if it is a Carminat Live than don't bother!
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Ultimate » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 am

Downunder35m wrote:You have to follow the instructions on how to patch and activate the Carminat Navcore - even if you think it is not necessary.
And again : if it is a Carminat Live than don't bother!

As all this is new to me and now realise that Navcore is the operating system for the card to work correctly then I am now on another learning curve when I get my head round it, thankfully apparently my system isnt Carminat Live so again thanks for your advice.
Ultimate offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom