Avoid Border Crossing   

Avoid Border Crossing

Postby 2RudeRudy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:43 am

I have what may seem to be a dumb question. I live in Ontario Canada and want to plan a route to Nova Scotia. Now there are a few ways to get there, but I want to avoid crossing the border into the US (no passport). I've checked the TomTom support website and found nothing on avoiding border crossings when planning a route. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rudy
2RudeRudy offline

Postby Macca-009 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:11 am

2RudeRudy wrote:I have what may seem to be a dumb question. I live in Ontario Canada and want to plan a route to Nova Scotia. Now there are a few ways to get there, but I want to avoid crossing the border into the US (no passport). I've checked the TomTom support website and found nothing on avoiding border crossings when planning a route. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I would have thought the easiest option would be to plan your route, then mark the cross-border section as 'blocked' and let the TT find an alternative route OR simply choose a waypoint (a go 'via') that is on the Canadian side opposite the cross-border section and see if that works.

You could try planning your route using only a Canada map - hard to see how it could send you across the border without a map! Alternatively, be adventurous - get a passport!

Much-travellled-with-passport-Macca
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby 2RudeRudy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:41 pm

My application for my passport has been sent in : )... Can't wait to take a road trip through the USA. I was thinking if i couldn't figure out a way to avoid the border, i would just load the Canada/Alaska map and completely avoid the US. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try routing via a waypoint. Appreciate the help.
2RudeRudy offline

Postby Macca-009 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 am

You're welcome - enjoy your trip!

Macca
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom