April "GPS 19 year date reset"   

April "GPS 19 year date reset"

Postby yannisnm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Dear friends checking my tomtom XXL device in TOTON webpage it says: "...After 6 April 2019, your satnav will continue to navigate, but will not be able to show the correct time and the estimated time of arrival. Fortunately, this is easily fixed with an update we have ready for you below...".
The Device is patched. If I download the update will it be okay? Should it be patched again? Thiw wrong time would it affect the naviagtion? If it is not maybe I should let it as it is so I will not risk a chance of a not working device.
Thank You
yannisnm offline

Re: April "GPS 19 year date reset"

Postby holyhead » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm

yannisnm wrote:Dear friends checking my tomtom XXL device in TOTON webpage it says: "...After 6 April 2019, your satnav will continue to navigate, but will not be able to show the correct time and the estimated time of arrival. Fortunately, this is easily fixed with an update we have ready for you below...".
The Device is patched. If I download the update will it be okay? Should it be patched again? Thiw wrong time would it affect the naviagtion? If it is not maybe I should let it as it is so I will not risk a chance of a not working device.
Thank You

You have to patched it. Best way is to wait for 6 april if it is not working correct after that date you can alway,s install the
new version.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Re: April "GPS 19 year date reset"

Postby biggerdave » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Discussed in some detail here viewtopic.php?f=124&t=21010
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom