another navcore needed   

another navcore needed

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm

whats the best option for for a tom tom go 300
currently running

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=5201
ApplicationVersion=5252

boot loader in ttg.bif says 218 ?? is this one of them special bootloaders that if i get wrong the device will be toast?
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Wow thats running an ancient navcore lol here are the specs of that unit below

Specs: Go 300
• Current Navcore version : v7.903
• RAM : 32 MB
• Internal Flash Memory : None
• Memory Card Slot : SD / MMC
• Release Date : 2005
• CPU : 200 MHz
• GPS Chipset : SiRFstarII
• Screen : 3.5"
• Bluetooth : YES
• FM Transmitter : NO
• TMC Connection : NO

For this unit i reccomend using,

[color="Blue"]SE_Navcore.8.412.1236.Basicpack.rar[/color]
[color="Blue"]SE_ttsystem.8.412.1236.rev1.1.rar[/color]

It should run this with no problems ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm

yep it looks ancient as well , when my mate asked could i update his i said yes,he produced it i thought he was taking the mick:D:D:D
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 pm

got everything loaded on to the card and then put the card into the device to boot up to create the ttgo.bif, but the screens frozen on the boot up screen where the colour band loads up across the bottom , even holding the power button down doesn't do anything is the boot loader an issue and if so how can i resolve this ??

even tried connecting to car charge and nothing happens ?
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby PiEtU » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:13 pm

make backup your MapSettings.cfg in maps directory

then delete it from maps directory and try again boot
and
if this work:

1. copy backup back in maps directory

2. follow this quide How To Keep your Favorites When Upgrading Map
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:15 pm

combat goofwing wrote:got everything loaded on to the card and then put the card into the device to boot up to create the ttgo.bif, but the screens frozen on the boot up screen where the colour band loads up across the bottom , even holding the power button down doesn't do anything is the boot loader an issue and if so how can i resolve this ??

even tried connecting to car charge and nothing happens ?

What bootloader do you have ??

Have you tried a hard reset ? hold the reset button for 30sec then run the tomtom clear flash tool , 8.412 is reported to work fine on a GO 300 so a hard reset and clear flash should do the trick
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:21 pm

hard reset didnt work so if all else fails i pushed the rest button on the underneath, it now boots no problem with the original tom tom card but just freezes with the new (its a 2 gig micro SD card in a SD card adaptor(defo not SDHC) on the card i copied down the navcore the maps , fast act and some zip post codes and tts vocalizer files, i need to boot it in the device to create the bif file for patching but it doesn't seem to want to boot

the bootloader is v 218

i have not copied any map settings to new map yet just the map and speed cam files

could it be because i had card in a card reader and not the device itself

EDIT also noticed on the card now is a system 5.5128 date 03/2009 could this be causing conflict
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 pm

The reset button on the bottom is the reset button you need to press for a hard reset ;)

You need to update your bootloader to run a newer navcore i think this is your problem, Attachd is 5.5128 this is the bootloader that comes with 8.412, copy the file "system" to your device root and reeboot, IMPORTANT do not inturupt the boot while the bootloader is updating and make shure there is enouff battery in your unit to do the upgrade or leave it pluggd in on charge,

So recap

• Copy the 8.412 basickpack to your sd card including the attached "system" file
  • Copy the matching ttsystem to your device
  • Reeboot the device to get the ttgo.bif
  • Copy the map to your device
  • Patch the map with FastActivate
  • Done!!

combat goofwing wrote:hard reset didnt work so if all else fails i pushed the rest button on the underneath, it now boots no problem with the original tom tom card but just freezes with the new (its a 2 gig micro SD card in a SD card adaptor(defo not SDHC) on the card i copied down the navcore the maps , fast act and some zip post codes and tts vocalizer files, i need to boot it in the device to create the bif file for patching but it doesn't seem to want to boot

the bootloader is v 218

i have not copied any map settings to new map yet just the map and speed cam files

could it be because i had card in a card reader and not the device itself
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm

combat goofwing wrote:
EDIT also noticed on the card now is a system 5.5128 date 03/2009 could this be causing conflict

Please make a new post in future and not edit the last one as i missd this ;)

So are you saying your device already has a bootloader 5.5128 ???

If you already have that bootloader then please do a hard reset (Hold the pin-hole reset button underneath for 30 seconds) and then run the TomTom Clear Flash tool (You may have to run this up to 3 times)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:35 pm

seems to be in the details screen on the tom tom it says v218, system file said 5.5128 so i thinks thats the boot loader it has , ill try to load yours on, the device has no rrot memeroy to copy to so i take it i copy it to the card and insert card ,switch on and leave to its finishes
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:38 pm

If you hold the pinhole reset button for 30 seconds and then the on button for 5 seconds you will get the black bootscreen and this will tell you what bootloader you have installd on the unit ;)

When i talk about root memory if you have no internal then i mean the sd card root ;)

combat goofwing wrote:seems to be in the details screen on the tom tom it says v218, system file said 5.5128 so i thinks thats the boot loader it has , ill try to load yours on, the device has no rrot memeroy to copy to so i take it i copy it to the card and insert card ,switch on and leave to its finishes
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:46 pm

sorted copied your system file in and it booted first time, now need to add maps etc

ill report back

i think this can become adictive:lol:
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm

all sorted and working fine now with your system file maps patched etc etc , but no tom tom services on this navcore is there a reason for that nothing like last time no duplicaate buttons etc just no icon, could do with it to adjust speed cam warnings etc

thanks again for the help
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:10 pm

combat goofwing wrote:all sorted and working fine now with your system file maps patched etc etc , but no tom tom services on this navcore is there a reason for that nothing like last time no duplicaate buttons etc just no icon, could do with it to adjust speed cam warnings etc

thanks again for the help

You need to change the emulation for "services" to show , copy this attached file to the root of your device if you do not have a config folder, if you do have a config folder change the emulation in the files in there
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 pm

dont have a config folder , copied that file to the root of the card and rebooted still no tt services
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom