After upgrade: now it's completely messed up   

After upgrade: now it's completely messed up

Postby Lido45 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi all,

Per this thread:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5307-Upgrade-XL

The upgrade of the map finally worked by following the instructions by Tendriver in post # 5 of the above thread.

However: the favorites weren't copied.

On the last page of the thread we finally worked out a way to achieve that, at least: that is what we thought. Because I reported it worked because I saw my favorites. However, I didn't actually have the TT calculate a route, and yesterday I did that as I was to drive of for a long journey. It crashed, and crashed, and crashed after I said 'calculate route' (so after inputting the destination address).

So today I did the same sequence as the #5 post in the above thread but it doesn't work anymore?? After copying the map, patching the map and rebooting the TT it keeps on saying 'this map can not be used'.

(First I only used the patch again but that didn't work so I completely recopied the map to the TT again and then ran the patch, but this also didn't work).

So, I am lost and this close to dumping that TT in the trash can and using paper maps again :D

Would anybody have any idea on how to solve this? As a recap, the first time it did work, the crashing starting after doing the stuff in post #34 in the above thread, and now even restarting all over again doesn't work anymore.

Thanks very much for any help,

Bye,

L.
Lido45 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Lido45 wrote:So today I did the same sequence as the #5 post in the above thread but it doesn't work anymore?? After copying the map, patching the map and rebooting the TT it keeps on saying 'this map can not be used'.

This message indicates that either the navcore or map have not been patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Lido45 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 am

tendriver wrote:This message indicates that either the navcore or map have not been patched.

The message also indicates that I am stupid :D :D :D

The map is working again, but the patching of the favorites I''m not going to try again because of all the crashes.

Thanks Tendriver,

Bye,

L.
Lido45 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Lido45 wrote:The message also indicates that I am stupid :D :D :D

The map is working again, but the patching of the favorites I''m not going to try again because of all the crashes.

Thanks Tendriver,

Bye,

L.

You are Welcome.

Sorry, but we don't accept Defeatest Attitudes on Navitotal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Follow the instruction below. If this doesn't solve the problem, remove the mapsettings.cfg file & all is well.

• Take mapsettings.cfg file from your old map folder and place it in your new map folder (This is where the favourites are kept) If you have problems with your device re-booting or crashing, follow the instructions below.
  • Connect your Tomtom to Home and choose "operate my Device" ,
  • Add a random address or location to your favourites,
  • This will rewrite the mapsettings.cfg file to the right format, and you get rid of the re-booting loop or crashing without losing your favourites!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Lido45 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:22 am

tendriver wrote:You are Welcome.

Sorry, but we don't accept Defeatest Attitudes on Navitotal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Follow the instruction below. If this doesn't solve the problem, remove the mapsettings.cfg file & all is well.

• Take mapsettings.cfg file from your old map folder and place it in your new map folder (This is where the favourites are kept) If you have problems with your device re-booting or crashing, follow the instructions below.
  • Connect your Tomtom to Home and choose "operate my Device" ,
  • Add a random address or location to your favourites,
  • This will rewrite the mapsettings.cfg file to the right format, and you get rid of the re-booting loop or crashing without losing your favourites!

I admire your stubborness :D

I have tried it 3 more times, same problem keeps on repeating, I have given up. I do have another problem 'though (no TCM anymore), I'll post that in my original thread.

Thanks for all your help,
Lido45 offline

Postby Lido45 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:27 am

Hum, I can't post it in my original thread, since that one is closed. In order not to clutter the board too much, I will post it here.

Just yesterday I on accident discovered that the upgraded TT no longer has traffic messages. I bought it with the traffic message cable, and with my old, original, TT, I would have:

- Traffic congestion messages ('there's a traffic jam ahead, do you want to calculate a different route?')
- The option to touch the screen at the right side which would show me the traffic messages subscreen
- The second I put the charger cable into the sigaret lighter the TT would say 'TMC module connected'.

All three I don't have anymore. It seems this TT is now a static version, instead of a 'dynamic' one with life traffic messages.

I don't know it was there right after the upgrade, since I only just yesterday noticed it in the first place.

Would anybody have any clue?

Thank you in advance,

Bye,
Lido45 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri May 06, 2011 12:49 pm

What Navcore do you use now?
If it is the 9.205 than I suspect it won't support TMC as there is no chance to get TMC on the Rider or Urban Rider.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Lido45 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Downunder35m wrote:What Navcore do you use now?
If it is the 9.205 than I suspect it won't support TMC as there is no chance to get TMC on the Rider or Urban Rider.

Thanks Downunder :D

Yes, you are right:

[email protected]

So it seems I went through all this trouble for nothing :-(

Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to fork out the cash and buy officially?

I used:
- My TT, a TT XL (widescreen)
- The above navcore
- eNG_FastActivate_28.03.2011_Premium_edition_v1.8.6.6
- sE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.exe
- western_Europe_865_3256 map

Thank you for your help :-)
Lido45 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat May 07, 2011 2:09 am

I would simply try a different Navcore, it was bad luck that you need TMC and got a Navcore that might not support that at all.
Try the 9.058 or one of the Navcores with automatic installation suitable for 32mb devices.
I fairly certain that any other Navore than 9.205 will give you the TMC back.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Hamish » Sat May 07, 2011 10:53 am

Lido45 wrote:Thanks Downunder :D

Yes, you are right:

[email protected]

So it seems I went through all this trouble for nothing :-(

Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to fork out the cash and buy officially?

I used:
- My TT, a TT XL (widescreen)
- The above navcore
- eNG_FastActivate_28.03.2011_Premium_edition_v1.8.6.6
- sE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.exe
- western_Europe_865_3256 map

Thank you for your help :-)

I went from 9.205 to 9.051 and RDS/TMC works on my GO910 in x40 mode, "fixtmc in \Config\setconfig.txt. Jukebox works, but not Auto Day/Night - I use "Dim when dark".
Hamish offline

Postby Lido45 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:42 am

Downunder35m wrote:I would simply try a different Navcore, it was bad luck that you need TMC and got a Navcore that might not support that at all.
Try the 9.058 or one of the Navcores with automatic installation suitable for 32mb devices.
I fairly certain that any other Navore than 9.205 will give you the TMC back.

Thanks again Downunder :D

Could I ask one more question? What is the sequence of steps given that the data on my TT already has been patched by the other navcore?
Lido45 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Only your current Navcore is patched and the map activated.
Won't affect anything.
You leave the mapfolder, voices, LoquendoTTS, ART and if existent folder with stuff you added (Heigt, tomplayer etc.) on the device.
The rest you can delete and overwrite with the new Navcore.
Make a full backup first in case you need some missng files later.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Lido45 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:11 am

Downunder35m wrote:Only your current Navcore is patched and the map activated.
Won't affect anything.
You leave the mapfolder, voices, LoquendoTTS, ART and if existent folder with stuff you added (Heigt, tomplayer etc.) on the device.
The rest you can delete and overwrite with the new Navcore.
Make a full backup first in case you need some missng files later.

Thanks Downunder :-)

I'm sorry to bother once again, but I am confused (peep).

There is no 9.0.58 here:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation

Where I did take the previous .52 navcore.

There are two .58 here:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?907-Latest-Navcores

However:
1. Is a stack of files from the TT-site itself. I thought files need to be patched, so why would I download the official files from TT?
2. The "prepatched TT system, PNDNavigator & dll" file there obviously isn't from TT itself, but it doesn't say 'automatic installation', which is what you said I had to look for.

I could also take on of these (as you wrote 'any of the automatic installation files') but which one?:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation

Yes, I am stupid, I know :D Thank you for your help, really appreciated :-)
Lido45 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 09, 2011 11:41 am

If you use the Navcore that is intended to be used by TT you only need to patch the original files.
Same goes for a Navcore on a very similar device, eg. most Navcores for 64mb devices are interchangeable and only need normal patching.
For "incompatible" devices you use the switchfiles to get all working with the right emulation.

I assume you have a normal XL and not one of these new models, so even a 8.41x Navcore should give you TMC.
So you can use the normal CAB files from the Navcore section together with the supplied pre patches files (most of them contain the switchfiles as well), or try any Navcore for 32mb devices from the automatich Navcore install thread.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom