adding aus map to old device [SOLVED]   

adding aus map to old device [SOLVED]

Postby Jmpcrx » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:37 pm

hi chaps, im trying to get the info i need to add the latest poss AUS map to an old device that i gave my sister a few years ago.

im not sure on the make of the device, but its win ce 5.0.

i hacked it years ago using bbs tools? - possibly (as i still have the files on my pc) updated the navcore and put uk maps on it for her, and all works fine.

just wondering if all i have to do is download the map and metadata, and fastactivate, unpack new map to root, alongside the uk map, then run fastactivate just to unlock the map? then all would work? that simple? (i doubt it!)

maybe i should remove the uk map teporarily so fastactivate doesnt mess that map up?

also, where do i put the metadata file? as i cant see one that is already on the device that i could just add to?

on startup, the splash screen sais "tomtom one 3rd edition"

if this helps, i have a ttnavigator.bif file already, containing the following: (any clues as to my navcore version? 7910? - does that mean navcore ver 7?)

[TomTom NAVIGATOR]
DeviceName=HANDHOLD REFERENCE BOARD_A3
DeviceVersionHW=Windows CE 5.0
DeviceSerialNumber=2DAA1587000175F21870562566320304
DeviceUniqueID=AADH8CMYA6
ApplicationVersion=7910
ApplicationBuildNumber=9185
UserName=
UserPassword=
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=3
CurrentVoiceInfo=Jane
Features=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,PlusDownloadMap,PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme,PlusDownloadUpgrade,PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownloadRingTone,PlusMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,PlusTraffic,PlusWeather,PlusBuddies,PlusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusRoadConditions,PlusFixedSafetyCameras,PlusOnlineCamera,Newyork,Itinerary,Caymann,Durham,Handsfree,PhoneFeatures,CarSymbol,SDSlot,SupportKeyControl
SupportedPatchTypes=1f
NrSupportedErrorTypes=132
UserPatchDatVersion=102
CompressedPatchVersion=150
MapServerPatchDatVersion=104
DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
CurrentHomeLocation=r **removed**

any help would be very much appriciated!! thanks guys :-)
Jmpcrx offline

Re: adding aus map to old device

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Jmpcrx wrote:1.just wondering if all i have to do is download the map and metadata, and fastactivate, unpack new map to root, alongside the uk map, then run fastactivate just to unlock the map? then all would work? that simple? (i doubt it!)
2. maybe i should remove the uk map teporarily so fastactivate doesnt mess that map up?
3. also, where do i put the metadata file? as i cant see one that is already on the device that i could just add to?
4. on startup, the splash screen sais "tomtom one 3rd edition"
5. if this helps, i have a ttnavigator.bif file already, containing the following: (any clues as to my navcore version? 7910? - does that mean navcore ver 7?)

1. Just download AU 960.7057 & FastActivate. The meta data is already in FastActivate. Now follow your own instructions, using FA options 2 & 3. It's that simple!!
2. No need if you have room for both maps.
3. This is covered in point 1.
4. OK.
5. Great. Yep, you have NC 7.910.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Jmpcrx » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:33 am

Thats excellent! Thanks.. really didnt think it would be that simple! Thanks again :-)
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Just one problem though, linkcrypt seems to be down, so unable to download map or fastactivate..

Ive sourced the map from elsewhere now, but struggling to find fastactivate from a diffrent host.. anyone able to upload it somewhere else?

I would be very greatful... thanks again chaps :-)
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Ahh, ignore that, site is back up again..
Jmpcrx offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Jmpcrx wrote:Ive sourced the map from elsewhere

We don't support ANYTHING sourced ELSEWHERE!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Jmpcrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Ok, so downloaded map from this site, extracted to sd card run fastactivate, patched maps, all ok, tried to update navcore and fastactivate sais " file missing - ttsystem or pndnavigator". I have no ttsystem file or pndnavigator files for it to patch anywhere on the sdcard or internal memory. All i have is a ttnavigator file. Is this the one, just named differently on my device? Could i rename it, run fastactivate, then rename it back? Thanks...
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Tried above and didnt work. I have no ttgo file either. Any ideas how i can get round this or generate these files? Thanks again..
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Found an old backup of some files, not sure what sat nav they were from, but ttsystem and pndnavigator files were in there so copied them to root of sd and ran fastactivate, it said were patched ok, but still, when i switch device on, all works (as it did before patching navcore), but there is no aus map available to see. The aus map has a dct file so patching the map presumably works, but navcore cant see the map due to using the wrong bif files? Not sure where to go from here?
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Btw, the device is not a genuine tomtom, im nit sure what it is, there is no information on the device itself..
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Can someone tell me a bit about these ttsystem.bif and pndnavigator files so i can understand why i need them etc? As there is virtually no info anywhere on the net about them..
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Should i even need to update the navcore? As this was patched years ago with bbs tools.. couldnt i just use older maps that dont require a repatching of the navcore? Or am i missunderstanding?
Jmpcrx offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Jmpcrx wrote:couldnt i just use older maps that dont require a repatching of the navcore? Or am i missunderstanding?

Re-read post 2. There is ALWAYS a version or 2 in EVERY map edition that is compatible with your navcore.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Jmpcrx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:55 pm

A version or 2 of what? Navcore? If so, and the map is fine and patched ok, what about the main problem i have with the ttsystem.bif etc. files that fastactivate is asking for? Please read all the above questions as im starting to pull my hair out with this now..
Jmpcrx offline

Postby Jmpcrx » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:29 pm

Im guessing as no one has replyed in a whole week, the question is too complex for all the members on here?..
Jmpcrx offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom