Go 740 Live - No Live Services after Navcore update   

Go 740 Live - No Live Services after Navcore update

Postby spv4u » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi

About a month ago TomTom push a new Navcore to my device and it killed my live services as the device kept saying there was a sim error, I contacted TomTom support who downgraded me back to the old Navcore.

I have had no Navcore updates since through Home and wondered if a newer Navcore would work with live services.

Current info is

DeviceName=TomTom GO 740 LIVE
DeviceVersionHW=GO 740 LIVE
LinuxVersion=450540
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8371
ApplicationVersion=450680
CurrentMap=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_850_2781

Thanks in advance for any info :helpsos:
spv4u offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:28 pm

If it was an update from Home and you have a valid subscription than you should contact the TT service.
There were several reports of these problems with Live devices and TT is aware of the problem and usually is able to fix that problem with you quickly.
So far you have done well!
You can try this :
Make a proper update using the Windows Explorer not Home!
Download the 9.054 for your device and install it - if you use original maps you have not to patch the Navcore or activate the map.
If you need the simulation in home : Start the device and connect to Home, use "Operate my Go" - Home will download the files you need.
Otherwise just use Home to check for updates and mapshare.
Home should notice that the details of your Live services are not installed and transfer them togethr with the map share data to your device.
After that the Live services should work.
If not you can try the TT service again and ask them how to solve this problem or if there will be another update available soon.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby spv4u » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm

It is the 9.054 Navcore that causes the issue, the device just gives a SIM error when trying to do anything with live services.

Guess I just have to wait for TT to fix but just wondered if the forum knew a quick fix
spv4u offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom