720 Wont Turn Off   

720 Wont Turn Off

Postby pb3053 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello All,
My 720 has the 1005.8763 map of UK with the 9510 navcore and bootloader 5.4106. Basically the unit shuts down into sleep mode and the only way I can get a drum roll start is to do a hard reset. Is there a way in settings that I can force the unit to shut down properly so that I get it to do a drum roll start on each boot up ?.
Thanks.
pb3053 offline

Re: 720 Wont Turn Off

Postby Macca-009 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:39 pm

I take it that your topic heading is actually incorrect - it DOES turn off, it just warm boots when you turn it on and you would prefer it to cold boot? The reason that 99.99% of users are happy with a warm boot is that it enables the unit to continue from where it left off when you turned it off. Do you have that setting ticked? If so, you need to make up your mind what you want it to do: work as intended with the ability to continue, or... cold boot so you can hear the drum roll that you are so keen on. If it is the latter, you can force that by removing the SD card before switching on. Hope this helps you predicament.
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby holyhead » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 am

pb3053 wrote:Hello All,
My 720 has the 1005.8763 map of UK with the 9510 navcore and bootloader 5.4106. Basically the unit shuts down into sleep mode and the only way I can get a drum roll start is to do a hard reset. Is there a way in settings that I can force the unit to shut down properly so that I get it to do a drum roll start on each boot up ?.
Thanks.

Give this a try
Unpack and place suicide in the root
[Please Register or Login to download file]
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby pb3053 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Thanks Macca for your advice. You are right, its not strictly correct regarding 'wont turn off'. The unit actually goes into sleep mode but I would prefer the unit to turn off and require a cold boot up. I did indeed have 'Continue where I Left Off' selected. I changed that and dont have an SD card installed but unfortunately it hasnt remedied the situation.

I have also installed Hollyheads 'Sucide' switch which also didnt have the desired effect , the unit still turns off into sleep mode despite installing the switch in the root as indicated.
Anyway thanks for your suggestions Gents, at least the unit is going into sleep mode.
pb3053 offline

Postby holyhead » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:10 pm

pb3053 wrote:Thanks Macca for your advice. You are right, its not strictly correct regarding 'wont turn off'. The unit actually goes into sleep mode but I would prefer the unit to turn off and require a cold boot up. I did indeed have 'Continue where I Left Off' selected. I changed that and dont have an SD card installed but unfortunately it hasnt remedied the situation.

I have also installed Hollyheads 'Sucide' switch which also didnt have the desired effect , the unit still turns off into sleep mode despite installing the switch in the root as indicated.
Anyway thanks for your suggestions Gents, at least the unit is going into sleep mode.

Anyway thanks for your feedback.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby pb3053 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Cancel my above comment about the switch notworking. Something has worked but I am not sure which one posting.php?mode=smilies&f=81#
I suspect it is the suicide switch that is working as it turns the unit off after a certain number of seconds. I dont know how long that is but if I leave the unit for a few minutes after shut down it now starts up with a drum roll.
Thanks for your help guys.
pb3053 offline

Postby holyhead » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm

pb3053 wrote:Cancel my above comment about the switch notworking. Something has worked but I am not sure which one posting.php?mode=smilies&f=81#
I suspect it is the suicide switch that is working as it turns the unit off after a certain number of seconds. I dont know how long that is but if I leave the unit for a few minutes after shut down it now starts up with a drum roll.
Thanks for your help guys.

The suicide switch is fixed on 90 seconds.

This one is set on 30 seconds

[Please Register or Login to download file]
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom