GO 720 problem   

GO 720 problem

Postby ludespeedny » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:43 pm

I just got a Go720 to raplace my one 3rd edition.
So far I upgraded the Navcore to 9.205 and the map to 865 (North America P)
The only thing I notice now is that in x20 (or ori) mode I do not have the command and control, and the Spoken Address icons are greyed out.
In x40 mode the command and control is there and works fine, but have a rebooting issue that I am trying to fix.
Any idea what the problem is with x20 mode?
ludespeedny offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 am

No problem, it is normal.
I use the X40 emu to get all features I need and to get a nice menu too.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 am

ludespeedny wrote:I just got a Go720 to raplace my one 3rd edition.
So far I upgraded the Navcore to 9.205 and the map to 865 (North America P)
The only thing I notice now is that in x20 (or ori) mode I do not have the command and control, and the Spoken Address icons are greyed out.
In x40 mode the command and control is there and works fine, but have a rebooting issue that I am trying to fix.
Any idea what the problem is with x20 mode?

A stock 720 does not have C & C. When you set x20, you get the stock 720 menu with NO C & C. Spoken Address. Confirm there is a "support asr.dat" file in the asr folder
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ludespeedny » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 pm

ok, I was thinking that the spoken address function is missing because of my map version. Yes I do have a support_asr.dat file in the ASR folder.

I also just found out another issue. My bluetooth function is not working properly. When I go to scan for devices it immediately comes back with the message could not find device. I tried resetting the device, putting "clearflash" in the setconfig.txt file and none of that solved it, but if I delete the mapsettings.cfg file it is back to normal, but not sure how long it will stay that way.

Any thoughts?
ludespeedny offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 pm

ludespeedny wrote:1. ok, I was thinking that the spoken address function is missing because of my map version. Yes I do have a support_asr.dat file in the ASR folder.

I also just found out another issue. My bluetooth function is not working properly. When I go to scan for devices it immediately comes back with the message could not find device. I tried resetting the device, putting "clearflash" in the setconfig.txt file and none of that solved it, but if I delete the mapsettings.cfg file it is back to normal, but not sure how long it will stay that way.

Any thoughts?

1. You are correct. My BAD. I overlooked your map version. At present nobody has posted NA or USA maps with cspeech.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ludespeedny » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Ok, these features like ASR, Cspeech, HNR, ALG are all new to me since my other device (One 3rd edition) did not support it. And am trying to make sure my device is working just right :)
ludespeedny offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 pm

ludespeedny wrote:Ok, these features like ASR, Cspeech, HNR, ALG are all new to me since my other device (One 3rd edition) did not support it. And am trying to make sure my device is working just right :)

OK. No problem.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom