TT GO 530 Bluetooth Problem   

TT GO 530 Bluetooth Problem

Postby TC2 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:07 pm

GO 530, NC 9.058, bootloader 5.5128, UK & ROI 865.3245.

If I switch on as normal bluetooth won't connect to my phone (Blackberry 8900). bluetooth is enabled. If I switch off by pressing the reset button and then re-start, bluetooth connects and works OK until I switch off by pressing the top button - if I start normally again bluetooth wont connect again - I have to reset every time.

Tried clearflash, BTON in the setconfig.text file but this does nothing.

Have the same problem with NC 9.024, 9.101 and another which I can't remember.

I have to reset the clock every time I do a hard reset.

The hardware is OK as bluetooth connects perfectly every time using NC 9.004 but I prefer the look of the menus in 9.058 (I think its the x40 style menus I prefer).

1. Is there a way around this problem so that I can keep using 9.058?
2. Can the menus of 9.004 be made to look like 9.058?
3. Is ther another NC I should try?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
TC2 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:09 am

I
TC2 wrote:2. Can the menus of 9.004 be made to look like 9.058?

1. You don't need a setconfig.txt for your 530. I don't have anything on a 720, but a model.txt file for changing the emu (currently 9.205 set at X50).
2. I don't recall any significant differences in any of the 9.XXX NC menus, when set to the same emu.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TC2 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:40 pm

tendriver wrote:1. You don't need a setconfig.txt for your 530. I don't have anything on a 720, but a model.txt file for changing the emu (currently 9.205 set at X50).
2. I don't recall any significant differences in any of the 9.XXX NC menus, when set to the same emu.

1. OK. Removed setconfig.txt. Created a model.txt with "x40" in it, located in the root of the TT. Is this correct or should it be "model:x40"?
2. Perhaps not in the number of menu items and what they do but the "look" is totally different. Should the use of model.txt, if implemented correctly, give the look of an x40 TT?

I don't see any difference using model.txt as in 1. Can you spell out exactly how to use rhis feature and what effect I should see.
And still have to do a button reset to shutdown everytime if I want bluetooth to work the next time I switch on (using any NC 9xxx other than NC 9004).

Just tried NC 9.101 but got exactly the same result - everthing works except I still have to shutdown by pressing the reset button to have BT work the next time.
TC2 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm

TC2 wrote:1. OK. Removed setconfig.txt. Created a model.txt with "x40" in it, located in the root of the TT. Is this correct or should it be "model:x40"?
2. Perhaps not in the number of menu items and what they do but the "look" is totally different. Should the use of model.txt, if implemented correctly, give the look of an x40 TT?

I don't see any difference using model.txt as in 1. Can you spell out exactly how to use rhis feature and what effect I should see.
And still have to do a button reset to shutdown everytime if I want bluetooth to work the next time I switch on (using any NC 9xxx other than NC 9004).

Just tried NC 9.101 but got exactly the same result - everthing works except I still have to shutdown by pressing the reset button to have BT work the next time.

1. Where are you getting these navcores & how are you loading them?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TC2 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:11 pm

tendriver wrote:1. Where are you getting these navcores & how are you loading them?

Mainly through the links from this forum but I have problems with anything that directs me to easy share. The 9004 I couldn't find on here so did a search and got it from another download site.

I nstall by loading my original installation NC 8.398) on the TT, copy new NC files inc ttsystem and pndnavigator if its in the ttsystem file - copy to root of TT over-writing where prompted.

I have all original files backed so can revert to original if you can suggest another setup for me to try.
TC2 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:24 pm

TC2 wrote:Mainly through the links from this forum but I have problems with anything that directs me to easy share. The 9004 I couldn't find on here so did a search and got it from another download site.
I nstall by loading my original installation NC 8.398) on the TT, copy new NC files inc ttsystem and pndnavigator if its in the ttsystem file - copy to root of TT over-writing where prompted.

I have all original files backed so can revert to original if you can suggest another setup for me to try.

We have had 9.004 since it was released.

We don't have a pre-patched ttsystem for 9.058. Did you patch it or download a pre-patched one elsewhere?
Are you downloading NC basicpacks or .cabs?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TC2 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:40 pm

tendriver wrote:We have had 9.004 since it was released.

We don't have a pre-patched ttsystem for 9.058. Did you patch it or download a pre-patched one elsewhere?
Are you downloading NC basicpacks or .cabs?

9004 - OK, didn't look hard enough.
Mainly basicpacks but I'm sure I've tried a cab for at least one. Problem know is I'm using a scatter gun approach to try and fix the BT problem I can't remember which is basic and which is cab.

The 9.101 I tried earlier today is definitely a basicpack.

If I was starting from scratch what NC would you recommend (for the x40 look) and can you link to it.
TC2 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:59 pm

TC2 wrote:9004 - OK, didn't look hard enough.
Mainly basicpacks but I'm sure I've tried a cab for at least one. Problem know is I'm using a scatter gun approach to try and fix the BT problem I can't remember which is basic and which is cab.

The 9.101 I tried earlier today is definitely a basicpack.

If I was starting from scratch what NC would you recommend (for the x40 look) and can you link to it.

1. Forget basicpacks. They are for small memory units. You want to use a .cab & it's SE or X ttsystem files.
2. Which 9 navcore doesn't really matter. It's the emu that changes the look.
3. All Navcores are in the General Discussion Sticky Section Navcore thread.

From scratch. Reload your backup to a clean memory (format not necessary), then like you have been doing. Use the model.txt file with x40 in it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TC2 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 am

tendriver wrote:From scratch. Reload your backup to a clean memory (format not necessary), then like you have been doing. Use the model.txt file with x40 in it.

Tried two different .cab files - 9.026 and 9.058 - without much success. Both had icons missing in the "change prefs" menu although the command names where there - safety preferences was one - and using the "change prefs" section made the TT freeze and reboot.

So, after a bit more searching went back to the 9.026 basicpack. Loaded my original backup and got bluetooth working but this time didn't over-write the "connect2internet" files when copyong NC 9.026and what a result - bluetooth works now - tried starting up over 10 times now and it connected everytime. And I've got the menu look I preferred!

The only bit that doesn't seem to work is auto daylight switching but I can live with that as I can change it via voice command anyway..

As all seems OK now you can close the thread. Thanks for your help.
TC2 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:42 pm

You are Welcome. Enjoy.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom