Go 300 - no IQ routes or ALG   

Go 300 - no IQ routes or ALG

Postby Hotpants » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi; greetings and respect to all. A friend of mine asked me to update his ancient Go 300, which had
boot v2.18,
app 5.201
and a Great Britain plus map v571.
Bootloader is 4.8600.
Following a recent thread (thanks), I updated the navcore through Tomtom home, and then installed 8.562 from this site and put on UK and Ireland map v870.3406. I used fast activate and everything works fine, apart from the fact that there is no option to enable IQ or ALG. The map index states that the current config of 8.562 and v870.3406 should allow these options.

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Regards

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Hotpants wrote:Hi; greetings and respect to all. A friend of mine asked me to update his ancient Go 300, which had
boot v2.18,
app 5.201
and a Great Britain plus map v571.
Bootloader is 4.8600.
Following a recent thread (thanks),

1. I updated the navcore through Tomtom home, and then installed 8.562 from this site and put on UK and Ireland map v870.3406.
2. I used fast activate and everything works fine, apart from the fact that there is no option to enable IQ or ALG. The map index states that the current config of 8.562 and v870.3406 should allow these options.

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Regards

Hotpants

1. Updating to the official navcore thru TT Home before installing a unofficial navcore is total waste of time.
2. Enable IQ. Main menu, Change preferences, Planning Preferences, click "Always plan fastest routes", click "IQ Routes" in the lower left corner, click Enable.
3. ALG with a 8.xxx navcore. ALG is active, if in Main Menu, Change Preferences, you see "Hide lane images" with a red X. It is inactive if you see, "Show lane images" & no red X.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hotpants » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi tendriver, thanks for the advice. I have a Go 730 so am familiar with the menus, (sorry, i perhaps should have mentioned that).
Under planning preferences, when 'always plan fastest routes' is enabled, there is no 'IQ Routes in the bottom left. Similarly, there is no 'hide lane images' option in 'change preferences'.

All menu options are shown.

Everything is loaded on an SD card. I downloaded the navcore and backup provided by downunder35 from
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://linksave.in/16801203704dcfd4a4b473b. I'm not sure if this includes any switchfiles that may prevent these items from appearing.

Does the unit itself retain the navcore, or is it taken from the SD card?

Regards

Hotpants
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Hotpants wrote:Hi tendriver, thanks for the advice. I have a Go 730 so am familiar with the menus, (sorry, i perhaps should have mentioned that).

1. Under planning preferences, when 'always plan fastest routes' is enabled, there is no 'IQ Routes in the bottom left. Similarly, there is no 'hide lane images' option in 'change preferences'.

All menu options are shown.

2. Everything is loaded on an SD card. I downloaded the navcore and backup provided by downunder35 from
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://linksave.in/16801203704dcfd4a4b473b. I'm not sure if this includes any switchfiles that may prevent these items from appearing.

3. Does the unit itself retain the navcore, or is it taken from the SD card?

Regards

Hotpants

1. What emulation is 8.562 set for?
2. OK.
3. Everything runs from the card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Hotpants » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 am

Hi tendriver, thanks for your help as usual. There is no emulation on the unit. I have copied a 'Config' folder from a different unit and tried it with, but with no joy.

I have taken these from another post on the site.

I'm tempted to try the automatic navcore install of SE_8.412.1236_32 mb_devices to see if maybe that will work.

Regards

Hotpants

postscript I installed the above navcore, and everything is now working perfectly. I'm not sure what was wrong with the initial version, but i'm happy now :-).

Thanks again for your help tendriver, you can now close this thread
Hotpants offline

User avatar Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:14 am

Hotpants wrote:Thanks again for your help tendriver, you can now close this thread

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom