W&CE_2GB_855.2982 too big for the XL IQ Route?   

W&CE_2GB_855.2982 too big for the XL IQ Route?

Postby pierrotgps » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi, I just updated my XI IQ Route with the latest 2GB western & central europe 2982 map and the process has been stopped during the copy of faces.dat onto my device.
The error message says there is not enough space left on the device. I checked and yes, the latest faces.dat is HUGE compared to previous versions : 503Mb, when theformer one was just 75Mb!
How is it possible?
I finished the update in leavingthe file out and... at my big astonishment, after activation the TT works fine and so does TThome.
My questions are:
- is the 503Mb size normal or did an error occur when decompacting the archive?
- if normal, how is it that it can't fit onto a 2Gb device, for which the 2Gb maps are designed?
- how is it that all works fine even without any faces.dat on the device?
- and of course: what is the purpose of the file faces.dat?
pierrotgps offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 pm

pierrotgps wrote:Hi, I just updated my XI IQ Route with the latest 2GB western & central europe 2982 map and the process has been stopped during the copy of faces.dat onto my device.
The error message says there is not enough space left on the device. I checked and yes, the latest faces.dat is HUGE compared to previous versions : 503Mb, when theformer one was just 75Mb!
How is it possible?
I finished the update in leavingthe file out and... at my big astonishment, after activation the TT works fine and so does TThome.
My questions are:
- is the 503Mb size normal or did an error occur when decompacting the archive?
- if normal, how is it that it can't fit onto a 2Gb device, for which the 2Gb maps are designed?
- how is it that all works fine even without any faces.dat on the device?
- and of course: what is the purpose of the file faces.dat?

You are correct. The 2GB map will not fit on 2GB memories. Never fear, TT has come up with a solution. They have created zones. North, South, East & West
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pierrotgps » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks a lot for your answer, you're fast!

Wow, four zones, great! :7:

My question becomes then : how to deal with these zones, are they available separately, and eventually : what's the real purpose of this file?
pierrotgps offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:21 pm

pierrotgps wrote:Thanks a lot for your answer, you're fast!

Wow, four zones, great! :7:

My question becomes then : how to deal with these zones, are they available separately, and eventually : what's the real purpose of this file?

The zone maps are in the 855 map thread. I have no idea what the purpose of the faces.dat file is.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom