1GB map still to big for Tomtom ONE (v4)?   

1GB map still to big for Tomtom ONE (v4)?

Postby CyberThijs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm trying to update my Tomtom ONE (v4) with to the latest map
Western Europe 1GB 860.3126 [1005.4MB].. For the moment, I'm still using everything original for the moment: 7.903 navcore, SD-MAPS-675.1409-TA.2007.01 "Western Europe"-map, ...
Still, the map seems to be to big to fit on the device (even when I would remove everything from the internal memory). Windows reports that the internal memory is 958MB big, and the map takes some 970MB in total.. Is there a file that I should skip of the map, or is there a problem here?

If the only solution is using an SD-card, which one should I use (besides being class 6 at minimum)? The current bootloader version is 5.3029. Does it have support for SDHC-cards? Or are only 2GB-cards supported?
CyberThijs offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 pm

CyberThijs wrote:If the only solution is using an SD-card, which one should I use (besides being class 6 at minimum)? The current bootloader version is 5.3029. Does it have support for SDHC-cards? Or are only 2GB-cards supported?

Your bootloader is OK for a 2GB card. Bootloader 5.5015, or newer, is required for larger cards. Class 2 cards work with no problem.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby CyberThijs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Ok, because I'm unable to find any 2GB-sdcards that are Class 6. Can you confirm that this SD-card is ok? [url]http://www.amazon.de/Kingston-SD-Karte-Twin-Stück/dp/B001GOUXW4/[/url]

Reading further around, it seems that I now need Europe West instead of Western Europe, am I correct?
CyberThijs offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm

CyberThijs wrote:Ok, because I'm unable to find any 2GB-sdcards that are Class 6. Can you confirm that this SD-card is ok? [url]http://www.amazon.de/Kingston-SD-Karte-Twin-Stück/dp/B001GOUXW4/[/url]

Reading further around, it seems that I now need Europe West instead of Western Europe, am I correct?

This card is OK. FFR, any brand name card is fine. Forget about class 6, you don't need it.

As you have found out, some maps exceed their size, the Western Europe 1GB being a good example. TomTom's answer is zone maps.

Europe West is one of these zone maps.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

I would still use the Western Europe 1GB, if you have the space for it on a card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom